Author Topic: Karuna(?) issue (split from Release: 3.6.12 Final)  (Read 3190 times)

Offline Taskent

Karuna(?) issue (split from Release: 3.6.12 Final)
Not sure if this is the right spot and I am sorry ahead of time, I am a infantry Marine so this is not my speciality. Anyway I followed the instructions got everything done when I began the War in Heaven campaign for Blue Planet the game closed and brought up a white menu detailing something about cormorant and rotator. So not sure if you could point me to a file that says what happened that I can post or if anyone has an idea. Thanks for your time and patience.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Karuna(?) issue (split from Release: 3.6.12 Final)
the game closed and brought up a white menu detailing something about cormorant and rotator.
It would help if you could be more descriptive about what this something said.

But good thinking about the file to post -- the one you want is fs2_open.log.  Instructions on generating it are here.

Offline Taskent

Well did as you asked thanks for the help on how to produce and find it. I attached the fs2_open. Anyway any help is appreciated thanks for your time and patience.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

The mission wants the Karuna to have a subsystem that the POF doesn't have - this is a BP issue, not an SCP one.

Do you have the latest version of both BP modpacks? The 3.6.12 checksums have been (may I say prematurely?) removed from the BP troubleshooting thread, and I don't have the latest versions myself, so I can't check. Either redownload both BP modpacks or, if your bandwidth is precious, post the fs2_open.log generated by this FSO build.

Offline Taskent

I redownloaded the mod packs for Blue Planet as well as grabbed the 3.6.14 and everything is running great now. Maybe had to do with the mod packs, files corrupted or missing perhaps? Either way problem is resolved so I thank you for your time and your quick replies it is greatly appreciated. I can't tell you how many hours of down time I spent playing this game in Iraq. Anyway thanks again for all the help.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
You played BP in Iraq? Wow. Maybe you can share your experiences there with Dekker...
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Taskent

Yeah during the turnover where we handed more and more over to the IP (Iraqi Police) and IA (Iraqi Army) we werent as busy. So when you werent doing a patrol or on post or react I would play this quite a bit along with some other games. We also played a lot of differtent mods for warcraft and would set up a network and have 4 or 5 of us playing. I was 1st Battalion 7th Marines out of 29 palms mcagcc.  Lets see 2006 we were in Al Qaim and Husaybah 2007-2008 was Kubaysah and then in 2009 was Karmah. After that went on a MEU. Anyway somewhere along the way I guess some files got messed up and this happened havent played in a while so they help was greatly appreciated. War in Heaven is probably one of my favorite campaigns. Kinda rooting for the GTVA as you have flown for them for so long.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Bump. I got the same issue. Both Karuna models (KarunaMkI & Hyperion) aren't synchronize with their respective table.
I thought I had a deprecated files. So I redownloaded all the WiH files + AoA. Nothing change.

AoA works fine not WiH. Do you have a fix for this issue (table) ? There's thing I don't know how to do (define new subsystem for missing submodel or adding missing subsystem in the pof models).

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
You seem to have forgotten to post a log. Please correct this.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
When I'll be at home :)

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Here the fs2.log

[attachment deleted by a ninja]

Offline -Norbert-

Try using the 3.6.14 RC2.exe instead of the one you are using now (RC3 introduces a bug that completely locks up the weapons, if you run out of energy once, so it's not recommended for now).

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Well, normally I don't use 3.6.14 RC3. I use the experimental build from Valthill for sunshaft and shadows. However, I use the 3.6.14 only for debug purpose and fredding.
I'll try with other builds. But I think, that won't resolve the crash. Subsystem in the karuna tbl doesn't exist in the pof file. So trying to create engine subsystem that does'nt exist crash the game.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
That error is an error in the pof that has been fixed today. Redownload visuals1.vp

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Nothing change with the new visuals1.vp. Here the log.

[attachment deleted by a ninja]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yes, something changed. As in, now it crashes at a different point.

That point being one that you really shouldn't hit; I do not know what caused the issue, but the engine was unable to find a model id. This seems to be a code bug more than anything, could also indicate a pilot file issue.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
That is also very strange. I copy the same karuna models for my custom mods and did all the fix (table and mission related) and Freespace 2 SCP doesn't crash anymore. I check BP 2 VP in case mission, or the table differ with the updated models. But I didn't see any difference. :( I'll check with a new pilot profil.