Author Topic: UFO:AI  (Read 43298 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
No worries, you can change the name at any time. I also got Xan Derr wrong :P

FYI, I play this with a little mod of mine - which means we get acess to some more guns. A heavy duty pistol (to be researched later) and a bastard child of a gatting gun adn assautl rifle (also to be researched much later).
I also forgot to enable another assault rifle of mine (which is in the game files, but disabled). And I got a electro-rifle that is also not enabled. I'm still not sure if I'll enable these two, as it might affect save games.

Lastly I may edit the coilguin for this game. Not the stats, but the model - frankly I'm not satisfied with the model and epsecially the texturing I did.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I'll try to be more verbose in the future with the LP guys. Also, positions as pilot is also available. Furthermore, you can roleplay in the thread for kicks if you want.

Lastly, I will keep you up to speed with research, and in the future, you can vote for what we go after next.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Don't you find the human researched weapons to be useless?, I'm not familiar with the changes made recently but the electromagnetic rifle and the laser weapons are all quite weak to my personal confort, I think I only used the laser rifle as a long range weapon, and that's about it.
el hombre vicio...

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
No, not really.

The Railgun isn't much, but the coilgun is a sniper rifle from hell. Aslo, Granade launcher is always excellent (except when the map is packed wiht damn civilians)

Here's some of hte new stuffI put in the gmae:
http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php/topic,4874.0.html

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Somewhat badish news.. I brought the game, the mod nad hte saves with me so I can continue the LP on my laptop. But the save is a tad older, so the last mission wasn't done.

I'll have to re-play it... which renders my last post null and void.. Will update in a yiffy wiht  2  (1 actually) new missions.

*** PREVIOUS MISSION EDITED, NEW MISSION INCOMING ***
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 01:37:48 pm by TrashMan »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
You can throw my name in as a redshirt pilot. :p

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I don't know what is it with these aliens and why do all insist to come near my base..you'd think other parts of the world would be more interesting for them, but nooo....

Anywhoo, they send another UFO, not even several hours after the team returned to base.

Bathroom break will have to wait guys...

I decide to put Headdie back in action and leave Scope in the hospital. In her state she wouldn't survive another wound.

and we're ...offf...

Already being prepared for such a layout, hte team fans out immediately.
Scourge nad Melvin Huffington take right, out remaining sniper gurl takes center - everyone else hugs the warheouse.

And sure enough, 3 aliens come running!

Sniper gurl misses both shots....I'm already beginign to miss Scope.

Fortunately Firespwan steps in and takes the aline out with a single burts from his pistol. All 3 bullets hit. Impressive.

I try to lure in the alien on the left:

All of my shots miss, but I relaise too late I'm out of TUs. Can you say sitting duck?

Xen Darr and his grenade launcher again prove hte salvation as the alien is torn apart by explosions.

I remind myself to invenst in incendiary grenades. Everoyne else start movign toward the houses, where the last alien is headed.

We prepare a trap. Scourge, Melvin and Flamer guy are waiting in ambush with full TU's and reaction fire.

I conteplate shooting, but it might draw the alien towards me. Nah, I want him to walk right into the ambush!

Such a nice setup. Left or right - it matters not. He'll walk into a wall of fire and steel.

but the sucker doesn't move!

Unfortunately for him, Scourge doesn't have patience for dipsh**s!

Another missions won. Gloriously.

And our UFO Yard is still not ready.... Our new Labs should be done in 3 days, but I notice we need mroe living quaters from more scientists.
and our budget is too low to build any..
What kind of a ripoff is this? How the hell are we supposed to fight aliens on a shoestring budget! Fukken beurocrats!

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
You are using a dev version?, I just downloaded it here at work and it doesn't look that good for me.
el hombre vicio...

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
Scourge nad Melvin Huffington take right, out remaining sniper gurl takes center - everyone else hugs the warheouse.

That's 'Huffleston.'
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Name fixored.

Bt.w - Electromagnetic rifle researched compelted!

Now, what ot go for next?

Lasers?
Alien Origins?
Alien plasma Pistol?
Taman autopsy?

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Plasma pistol!
(the fact that I use pistols holds no bearing to the choice :nervous:)
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Lasers.  Everything's better with laser beams.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
We get 3 whole days of relative peace. then the aleins are detected again.
Moongoose takes off in SkyDancer1 and engages. The Stilleto's proved to be an amazing craft for the job, damn hard to handle, but as nible as f****.
The alien goes down.

This time we make a hot landing. And when I say hot I mean "5 meters from the damn alien ship" kinda hot. The pilot of the dropships has a lot of crazy, but that just might be the kind of people we need. (NOTE: I did re-try this mission cause I lost headdie immediately because of a rather stupid oversight - I wasn't paying attention and dind't evne notice an alien that was right in front.)

No sooner that we move out, we run into our first alien! Firespawn hit him with a pistol burts, but that's not enough. Wanting to make sure the aline dies, insted of fireing another burst, he lobs a grenade, despite the small distance to the alien. It pays off as the alien dies.

As I move forward, I notice another alien behind the barn, his back turned. I do not have a clear line of fire, so I take up position near the edge and ready my gun.

The other follow lead and we are ready to take the sucker out if he reaers his head.

Our sniper gets a shot trugh a small gap as hte alien is moving, but that doesn't stop him. He does step around hte corner, only to be greater by a HMG burts and falls down.

Anothe alien pops out form the building on the opposite side and open fire with a plasma pistol on headdie. It's hits and headdie is badly wounded.

Headdie returns fire wihout a hit and falls back behind the craft wreckage. Firespwan prepares a medikit, while Melvin covers their fallback wiht full auto - unfortunatley, not a single hit.

The alien turn again and it fires another shot at headdie, but misses widly. Our sniper provides reaction fire and grazes the alien. It charges forward.

Flamer guy pops from his hideout and burns the grey pest to ashes!

Another victory!
We are doign so well I throw a small celebration when we go back. End of the month, so money should start rolling in! Meanwhile we sell another UFO, as the damn yard is taking forever to complete. This time we only get 10000 for it!!!

This puts a dampener on our party....

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Personal log of commander <EXPUNGED> "TrashMan".

PHALANX HQ, april 1st, 2084

They have to be fukken kidding me!
Is this supposed ot be our budget???? Not even half a million???? And then the representatives form the Revolutionary countries and Asian Republic have the gall to come complain we aren't doign a proper job of protecting them!!!
What the hell do they expect me to do? Fight aliens with paper planes? With our current funding we can't afford to re-activate another base - not without severly compromising our efforts. Mantaining the one base is expensive enough - we didn't even have enough money in the first month to properly expand this one. Only now have we begun building more living quarters for more scientists (which we're gonan sorely need as we got far more things to research then we have resources).

I am faced with hard choices. I could build radar stations - that will detect alien incursions, but without long-range craft to intercept them, it seems like a wste now. I could build SAM sites, but their limited range wouldnt' make htem effective at defending entire nations. No, we need a new base.
and it will take at least 14 days to get even the basic operational. By the time we add a landing pad the month will be over.

We do have two Stilletos here, so one could be transfered, thus reducing some of hte costs, but that is only a stop-gap measure at best. Leaving our HQ with only 1 fighter is risky.

Fund allocations...never a simple issue, isn't it?

On the upside the rail rifle research is complte and we have begun production. I expect a working field prototype within a few days.
Also, in a few days our new science labs and living quarters should be complete, allowing us to tripple our research staff. but for now, we have to make due with just 10 researchers.

With that in mind, I begun looking into what to research next.  Possibly splitting the research mihgt be usefull.
One one hand, researching more about where the aliens come from (Alien Origins) might be handy on a strategic scale.
Yet, capturing a live alien could also be a big intelligence boon - but they seem to die in our containment units. We simply don't know what kind of atmosphere they breathe...hence an autopsy might be usefull.

From a tactical standpoint, researching how to use the alien plasma pistol sound promising. Yet our current weapons seem to pack enough puch so far, and the plasam pistol seemed very innacurate in alien hands. A futher problem would be manufactuing it. Can it even be done? It's one thing to use it, another to produce it compeltely...and that means we'd be dependant on scavaging for ammo.

One of our scientists urges me to go for lasers. It would make accurate, if not powerfull weapons - and possible larger scale appilaction, as fighter weapons nad even base defenses. I have to admit, this intruiges me, as the current SAM's have trouble getting trough the alien ECM's.

Not an easy decision and one I'll have to sleep over. I have to remind myself to send the representatives of our dear complainign nations a letter. Best I leave it for tomorrow, lest I create an incident.

Offline Patriot

Do both origins and autopsy, Lasers can wait until we are in true need, i mean, i have the BOOM BOOM right :D

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Dear El Presidente/Chairman of the People

I fully understand your concerns about the aliens and I agree with you that the situation is intolerable. However, you're barking at the wrong tree. The funding we're getting is table scraps, barely enough for us to works as it is. Currently we simply don't have the resources to set-up bases in every country in the world. So I am left with no other choice but to make some hard decisions - which is why the current base is where it is. Protecting the biggest population and production centers is a priority.

No, you are not the only one to complain - I had representatives form New Africa and even the Secretary General from the United America file their letters of protest yesterday.

I can only repeat to you what I said during the last UN meeeting - stop throwing money on useless side projects. Everyone is dumping money into their own military and defence forces and your Phalax equalents (which faield to provide any results), and we are getting royally shafted. If you want our bases in your teritory, shell out the resources.
Otherwise, please refrain from sending one complaint after another. I got one base and a handfull of people and the entire planet to defend, and I don't need to deal with your garbage on top of that.

(Not so) respectfully

Commander TrashMan, Phalanx HQ

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Would you like me to drop a grenade in his morning cornflakes, Sir?
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Tempting private, but that might hurt our funding even more.

* expect an update in a few hours*

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
sell ufo's like a crazy bastard, and don't go making the same mistake I made back then, selling to an unhappy nation will not make it happy.
el hombre vicio...

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I'm allways selling ot hte highest bidder, but they are offering next to nothing. :sigh:

Also, sorry forhhte delay, had to re-load a few times and re-do the entire day because of a series of silly problems. Also I killed Melvin in friendly fire. But we shall forget about that...

Anywhoo.....

With the new budgest in and 2 new labs finished, we hire new researchers. However, more living space is needed. Blast it all, I decide to spend more money on more labs...

Another UFO scout comes our way, we let it come close and it is attacked simoultaneously by both our SAM and both fighters. It goes down right next to the base and we deploy!

Replaceemnt Sniper Girl misses both shots.
Scurge, Melvin and Headde hug the houses, I take far left to draw their fire. The rest hug the wareouse. Standard procedure.

The aliens charge forward

I attempt a bit of supressing fire, but surprisingly, it ends up killing the alien. Guess he must have been pretty banged up by the crash.

Firespawn and flamer dude charge out of the cover

And Firespawns skill with a pistol prove to be unmatched.

The last alien charges at shoots..and hit Firespawn!

Firespawn returns fire and hits!

Flamer dude gives some first aid to Firespawn, and Melvin patches Headde up. With a few TU's left, Headde takes a pot shot at the alien and misses.

Xen Darr takes a tacticly advantagous position and (again) brgins hte mission to an end.

This time, our UFO yard is complete!
The wreckage is ours for the taking!

And it appears some promotions are in order!