Author Topic: Diaspora on Facebook  (Read 2308 times)

Offline xedi

I am not sure about it but I remember there being a Diaspora Facebook page. However, I cannot find it and the search in this forum only revealed a discussion about an unofficial one.

In case I am making this up, I think Diaspora would benefit greatly from a facebook page. The updates on the homepage and in this forum are rather infrequent so it is very easy to forget about this project. Most people visit facebook more often than this site and for other stuff so news would spread more effectively and it is easier to share stuff if there were a facebook page, which would lead to more attention to this project and therefore more support and contributions.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Diaspora's trying to run a little bit under the radar at the moment, after the mass ModDB deletion of everything BSG related a few weeks back. This probably wont happen until release, when the genie's already out of the bottle.

[EDIT]Should point out I'm not on the Diaspora team, by the way, but this has been the satus quo for the last couple of months.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 06:37:09 pm by Black Wolf »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I can't access Facebook from here but I know we had one. Try searching for DiasporaGame.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline xedi

I cannot find it neither by searching in facebook nor in google :-(

As far as the ModDB deletion goes: I thought this was rather by mistake and that Diaspora should be safe? Does this mean that "fans" should be quiter about it, too? Well, I hope that progress on the mod is good even if we do not about it...

Offline newman

Not sure what happened to the facebook page, but the long and short of that idea was this - actual tangible benefits of having had that page were none. I guess that people with the specific skill sets useful to us would have already found us by other means. Whatever the cause, we did have the page and had no real benefits to development as a result.
But without getting into a prolonged discussion on the benefits of facebook, after the moddb pulldown we've felt safer keeping a low profile. We'll see whether or not that changes after r1 is out, for now any venue of raising awareness of this project outside this forum is probably out.
Oh, and welcome to the forums.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Given the recent database updates to FB turning it into a quagmire of errors and lousy response times it may not be all that great by the time things come out. I've been going back to MySpace of all things out of frustration with it lately lol. FB is getting too clogged up.