Author Topic: Strange fighterbay positioning...  (Read 11234 times)

Offline -Norbert-

Re: Strange fighterbay positioning...
I very much doubt that. I can't imagine the skill level has that much influence on torpedoes. They automatically target subsystems with turrets having higher priority and unless shot down or outmanouvered have 100% accuracy.
Even if the firerate of the Solaris is halfed, it would still have enough missiles per salvo to totally overwhelm the Deimos' interception fire and lose a few turrets with each salvo. I'd imagine you'd have to buff up at least the subsystem HP of the Deimos for her to have a fighting chance.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
In order for a Deimos to have a chance to actually destroy a Solaris, you would have to a) Disable the Solaris' missile batteries, b) nerf the mass drivers on the Solaris, c) Replace the SGreens on the Deimos with something better.

The Solaris missile launchers are set up so that any target will always be in the line of fire of at least 3, most often 6, and regularly all 12 launchers.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline -Norbert-

SGreen on a Deimos? Didn't you mean TerSlash?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yes, sorry. Still, something better than that would be needed.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Haha. You guys are really using Collateral Damage as an example here? These Serkr corvettes in this mission had armor that reduced damage taken by 60% and those gunships and bombers had armor that increased damage by 50% to both shields and hull.

In BP missions things play out however fredders feel like they should play out, regardless of tabled ship and weapon default stats.

Anything that happens in a mission is by definition, BP canon. I don't care if the Fredders gave Serkr gods own wrath to use at their disposal, if they did it, Serkr has it.

This is generally my view. 'Plot armor' represents a ship's electronic warfare capabilities, active armor deployment, rapid damage control (like Battletech harjel), reactive plating like on modern tanks, and the use of conformal shield generators embedded in the hull, like the mini shields the Stiletto missiles in FS1 canonically had. AI class changes represent power redistribution and particularly skilled crews.

Obviously guardianed/invulnerable subsystems have a less firm basis in reality, but at the very least they can be partially represented as a lot of power in the turret's shielding. We always tried to put a little thought into how capships managed their power and heat and have this reflected in their warpin/warpout times and weapons fire.

Offline Qent

I have to express my gladness at Battuta's presence here, due to lack of a more appropriate place.

I am glad that Battuta is here.