Author Topic: Noticed this?  (Read 5149 times)

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
Actually, I wouldn't mind wookies. But why would ALL the rebels be wookies are beyond me. It's not like the empire isn't enslaving everyone else too. Suffice to say, Lucas has had plenty of bad ideas...the prequls can attest to that...
No, there wouldn't be rebels. The Rebel command staff all were on Alderaan, and Leia doesn't know how to contact any other cells, so Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie, Obi-Wan (he didn't die in the early drafts) and the droids fly off to the wookie homeworld, teach the wookies to fly fighters, and go off to destroy the death star.
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Thank God we got A New Hope... and not the prequil of A New Hope...

Maybe any of the prequils George wrote just never got to the second draft phase? :p

(On the downside, I smell another retcon coming...)
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
No, there wouldn't be rebels. The Rebel command staff all were on Alderaan, and Leia doesn't know how to contact any other cells, so Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie, Obi-Wan (he didn't die in the early drafts) and the droids fly off to the wookie homeworld, teach the wookies to fly fighters, and go off to destroy the death star.

OH my..... thank God someone beat that stupid idea out of Lucas.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

OH my..... thank God someone beat that stupid idea out of Lucas.

I remember reading some descriptions of the early drafts way back, and they never sounded that bad. My understanding was that they would enlist in help of the wookies to destroy the Death Star because they were, as stated, 'a nobel warrior race'. Then again, in the original drafts Han Solo was going to be a 7 ft tall frog thing instead of Harrison Ford.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Journal of the Whills fo lyfe

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
* Liberator is confused as to the cute fuzzy in STO.

If you are referring to the caitians they may be fuzzy, but they're also quite vicious when provoked.  Do not call them cute.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft

If you are referring to the caitians they may be fuzzy, but they're also quite vicious when provoked.  Do not call them cute.

They looks like someone took all the 'Kil' out of the Kilrathi.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Kilrathi look like somebody couldn't figure out how to spell Kzinti :smug:

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft

Wait...Was it me, or Wing Commander that just got schooled right there?  :confused:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Wait...Was it me, or Wing Commander that just got schooled right there?  :confused:
The Kzinti predate the Kilrathi by about 20 years.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
At least.

However, the Caitians are what you get when you drop the Kzinti into a world where the Preservers saw to it that 90ish percent of the sentient life in the galaxy is humanoid.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I love Wing Commander though, don't get me wrong!

Offline LHN91

I love Wing Commander though, don't get me wrong!

But Larry Niven is pretty damned excellent.

Offline MarkN

At least.

However, the Caitians are what you get when you drop the Kzinti into a world where the Preservers saw to it that 90ish percent of the sentient life in the galaxy is humanoid.
However, Thanks to Larry Niven being on the writing team for the animated series, the Kzinti are technically a canon Star Trek race
Of coure then there are doubts about the canon-ness of the animated series.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

Only because they don't want to admit they hired a colorist for it who was colorblind.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)

Yusss, I enjoy WC, but that's so true.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action

Only because they don't want to admit they hired a colorist for it who was colorblind Filmation.

Nothing against Hal Sutherland, but even when I was a kid, I considered Filmation's show to be poor quality and lazy.  It was not a good fit for Star Trek.  That said, the writing was generally pretty good, although the lack of guest VAs led to James Doohan working a bit too far out of his vocal range at times.