Author Topic: Wraith/Uriel Revisited  (Read 3300 times)

Offline --Steve-O--

• I might be the last man on earth to use TS3.2
Wraith/Uriel Revisited
 :D
not quite done yet...getting close. so close.
and below is the post for the original version w/pics for comparison kicks and giggles
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=50292.msg1016203#msg1016203

« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 02:53:28 am by --Steve-O-- »
"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Re: Wraith/Uriel Revisited
Wow. Lovely. Can't wait for release.
And I see the Archer is a Mass Driver now.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Mother of God. :eek:

looking really awesome :-)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Awesome, now it only needs pilots and that's it!
el hombre vicio...

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
I don't see a... *goes into previous thread* oh, okay.

I don't know why~ brain is refusing to register the differences going from old to new model, even though the new gun is so obvious... maybe it'll look better once out of ts and in-game. Whatever. Still a great looking ship with weapon slots aplenty for show, even without the lighting play. +1 for seated pilots please! XD

One thing I'm curious about, was the gun changed because of BP, or was it personal choice, or is it because fighter beams still... don't feel right? (Haven't touched FSO in a while, if the repeating-trigger-on-hold-down and ??? energy consumption was already resolved, then I'm not aware of it...)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Fighter beams work fine

steveo said:

I've completely rebuilt the archer cannon. i liked the rail gun idea employed in BP so i purpose built this little kinetic bastard. its way more robust looking than the old solar panel version. on top of that the cover panels fold up in a way that makes way more sense. I've even cooked up a new table version with effects and sound. I'll pass that along in the final product.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Whoops. I guess I got distracted by the pictures. Oh well that answers that.

Offline Kolgena

That telescopic ventral gun looks amazing.

Offline mr.WHO

Could we have more screenshots from diffrend angles? Like top and top-side (high angle)?

Edit: Also does your other fightes/bombers from that pack will get ugrade? Like Lancer (BP2 Uhlan) and those two bombers (the fat one and the flat one)?

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
So marevlously detailed. Excellent work. One of my favorite ship designs.

You planning to put people in those cockpits?
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline --Steve-O--

• I might be the last man on earth to use TS3.2
updates!
ignore the turret...its just a place holder for now.

"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Very good. I guess it'll be as optimized as the Reaver?

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
That looks pretty cool.

Also, I was wondering about the ejection sequence from that ship, and would it be something like this? Would they need a retrieval crew soon after (such as a Support Ship or nearby frigate being able to tow it out?)
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.