Author Topic: MCO NEWS  (Read 1993 times)

Offline magic

MCO NEWS 2805012

MCO has many new features:
- redesigned mission GUI - MC1 style,
- damage transfer from mission to logistics,
- every weapon has its own weapon range - new ranges calculation, simple math instead of predefined tables in mc2,
- ECM works as ECM umbrella now, all friendly mechs under ECM range are invisible for sensors,
- New simple math calculations for LOS, increased LOS for high ground,
- New Beagle probe, increase sensor range and can detect shutdown mechs,
- max unit textures are now up to 512x512,
- max game detail textures... can go up to 1024x1024,
- new detail textures fixed that ugly looking terrain,
- new building textures, redesign of existing textures.
- redesigned old overlays and over 100 new overlays, cement, grass, terrain...
- additional ammo bins for all weapons,
- player can hire local mercs in mission if allowed by mission designer. Full control of those merc mech and vehicles for the duration of the mission,
- theres more but thats all I can remember at the moment.

One more thing, MCO is at ver 215.
Working on damage icons for logistics, after that I will do weapon damage transfer and finally new mechlab.

New MCO will not be available online for now.
There were some drastic changes in terrain so all missions had to be transferred from old format to new format with EditorTransfer (editor version that reads old map format and save as new).

It is done for Exodus and MW2 mercs, working on Carver and other campaigns.

Missions from WolfmanX can be transferred to new MCO too.

That is awesomw stuff.

I greatly look forward to having a go at the new MCO.  Thanks very much again for keeping this grerat game alive.  I've introduced a few of my MWO forum mates to this site and they have been having a great time too.  We play MW4 and megaMEK online together, I know MS removed multiplayer but if you can ever get it working you'll have a bunch of happy campers here in Australia.

Thanks again to everyone on the team.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 11:54:02 pm by captainslide »

Offline Karl

I know MS removed multiplayer but if you can ever get it working you'll have a bunch of happy campers here in Australia.

And Kiwis ;)

Cant wait to see all those new features in game. Feel like a kid counting down to christmas.