Author Topic: Grey Box  (Read 2534 times)

Offline Molaris

i've got a large Jump gate I got from some mod (it'll fit Juggs through it, maybe even Superjuggs) and I wanna retexture it. the problem is I get this stupid grey box around it unless I'm zoomed in SUUUPER close, which kinda makes my textuing crappy. Anyone know how to get rid of it? attached is a picture. Thanks

[attachment deleted by ninja]
"Hey, Mike, you think you can toss me my calculations? Thanks! Ah, here it is: "Breach Hull - All Die." Even had it underlined!" -Crow T. Robot-

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The box is untextured and presumably for bounding box manipulation.
Simply apply a texture to it called 'invisible" in a modelling application and it shouldn't be rendered in PCS2 allowing you to see the rest of the model.

Short of that, if the box does not have a material assigned then you're out of luck if you don't have access to a modelling application.

Well, you could always fiddle with the hierarchy so you can see the inividual pieces by dragging them around in PCS2 until they're visible, but you gotta make sure you don't break anything when you put it back :P
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

if it's a subobject, you could probably just delete it since you can manually set bound boxes in pcs2 now anyway

Offline Molaris

ah, ok. I have no recollection of it being a problem before when I first textured it. rather annoying to be frank. thanks all. I'll tinker around with it. maybe I can find the original and hope something didn't get screwed up with that.
"Hey, Mike, you think you can toss me my calculations? Thanks! Ah, here it is: "Breach Hull - All Die." Even had it underlined!" -Crow T. Robot-

Offline Droid803

If you give me the POF I'll fix it for you.
As in, make it invisible, the box.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Molaris

i tried uploading it through here and it didn't work. how do I get it to you? sorry about the late response. been super busy. to top it off, I could have mono and that would derail my vacation plans next week :-(

Offline Droid803

Upload it to something like Mediafire or Dropbox?
(´・ω・`)