Author Topic: Quick Intro :)  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Tibberz

Hello everyone!

I'm Tibberz, some people call me Tibbz.

Anyways, I've been watching this project since, well before BTRL fell apart.  Thought I would finally come out and say hi.

I'm quite impressed and can't wait for R1. I've always wanted to help but between the age I was at the time and the fact I currently don't have any valuable skills that this team needed according to the thread.

I am finally 18 and heading off to college this fall to study Game Design, I have little knowledge of how to make games, but I have a passion for them. Once I get my skills and knowledge up I might apply to join the team, if I'm good enough for ya by then :D. I know its important to have experience and work samples getting into the game design industry, so I gotta look some places and try to help. What better than to help with a game that features one of my favorite TV shows. It's more fun to work on something your passionate about than it is to work on something your not.

I look forward to the future of this mod, it looks promising and really fun. Can't wait to try it out. See ya guys around!

Tibberz

Awesome! New members are always welcome :D I don't currently have the image for one of those "welcome beams", but maybe somebody else can post one for you.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Gunnery control, target Tibberz. Fire the welcome beam.

:welcome:
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Ah, much better now :)

Offline Tibberz

Thanks for the welcome!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
:nervous:
@SirCumference:
Spoiler:
:welcome:

So that's how you do it... :nervous:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I think this thread beautifully explains why we stopped with the beams. 2 replies slightly connected to the new person but barely touching on anything they said, 3 about the beams. :p :rolleyes:

Which don't even make sense given that this is the Diaspora forum and BSG ships don't have beams.

Tibberz, what field of game design are you interested in? Coding? Modelling?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Tibberz

I think this thread beautifully explains why we stopped with the beams. 2 replies slightly connected to the new person but barely touching on anything they said, 3 about the beams. :p :rolleyes:

Which don't even make sense given that this is the Diaspora forum and BSG ships don't have beams.

Tibberz, what field of game design are you interested in? Coding? Modelling?

Sorry for the slow reply, been getting dragged around the state lately :D.

I want to get into the coding field. My ultimate goal is to be a lead game designer. :) We shall see this fall/spring what im the best at.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
We'll always need more coders. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

You could not find a better game to take interest in Tibberz. And the Team here sets the bar high with their talent.

Offline Tibberz

Hopefully someday I can help, but atm the most advanced code I know is basic HTML. Perhaps in a year or two after I learn a thing or two :D