Author Topic: MCO won't start (no black window)  (Read 3003 times)

Offline Nitram

MCO won't start (no black window)
Hi people,

first of all i want to thank you for this excellent mod for MC2.

so now my problem. I was playing with version 1.02. It worked fine and now i want to upgrade. So i uninstall the 1.02 version and installed the 1.56 version. I installed the recommed programms from microsoft and now i cant start MCO. After double click i get the cursor for background activity and after that the cursor will get back to normal arrow. No window opend or sth like this.

It worked yesterday for one try but after this it won't start again. I don't know what i've changed to the tries before but it won't work again.

My system: Win 7 Prof., 8 gb Ram, Intel i7 860, nvidia 560 GTX.

I tried the /gosnojoystick but it doesn't help. Also tried compatibly modes and others

maybe one of you can help me.

greetings from Austria
Nitram
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 10:17:29 am by Nitram »

Offline Karl

Re: MCO won't start (no black window)
crap! I am sure Magic would have seen this and be looking into it, possibly try forcing a resolution?

Thanks Nitram

Offline Nitram

Hey Guys :)

update:
 thx to Karl for the tip with the resolution. My normal res. is 1920x1080. Now I changed to 1600x1200. and I thought good it works. But in a test when i changed res back to 1920x1080 and again to 1600x1200 it doesn't work.
I will try later if it works when I reboot my system between the res. changes.

Nitram
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 06:59:26 am by Nitram »

Offline Nitram

Now I tried to reinstall the game and use other resolution. Doesn't work with this. So i thought it might be a problem with my 2 screens. I used only one but this didn't solve the problem.

I have no idea what I could still change to solve my problem.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Nitram

Offline Karl

Cheers Nitram will look further into it.

Your drivers up-to-date? (how is that for pissing in the wind?)

Offline Nitram

Drivers are up to date... This was the first i thought about...

Offline Karl

Damn.

Dude may I ask you to hold onto our next release 153 is very old and we have had several updates since (within the dev group) the next release will hopefully fix this problem

Sorry for not having a more positive suggestion

Offline Nitram

Hi!

I solved the Problem yesterday. I uninstalled a few older programs ( C++ 2005, avira anti virus ) and now it works. MCO should be a incompatible to one of this programs.
Many thanks for your help.

Nitram

Offline cowboy

Gotta be Avira. A lot of programs like this that have (I'm guessing) no or improper or confusing signatures will get blocked by overactive antivirus.

Offline Karl

Score! thanks Nitram for first playing and also providing your own troubleshooting :)