Author Topic: Borderlands 2 Up For Pre-Order On Steam  (Read 16024 times)

Re: Borderlands 2 Up For Pre-Order On Steam
Yeah, Borderlands 2 is one of those games.  Gearbox ditched GameSpy in favor of Steamworks for this installment.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
unless this is one of those bastards that requires steam even on the hard copy.  and probably doesn't tell you on the box.

Unless legislation is different where you live, the requirment of Steam, Origin or any other thrid party software as well as the requirement to register online before playing has to be there noted on box, visable before purchase ... (In Germany it has to be noted on box and is often as well as a seperate entry in the system requirments) - otherwise you can claim false advertisment or something similar for a full refund at your retailer ...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 02:12:56 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

In America the System Requirements section of the retail box pretty much always lists an online connection requirement or third-party account requirement such as Steam.  But of course, who bothers to actually read something like the system requirements of a game these days? :P
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Probably the same people that still worry about whether or not games will requires Steam.....
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Everyone should be checking system requirements before they purchase a game.  I know I do.  If some console peasant or (insert PC-related idiot here) doesn't bother to read the box to see if their PC can run it or if the game requires anything extra, they deserve to be stuck with their purchase.  At that point you're an uninformed buyer and you get what you deserve.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yeah, Borderlands 2 is one of those games.  Gearbox ditched GameSpy in favor of Steamworks for this installment.

I already preordered it, and this is good news indeed. The matchmaking in Borderlands was horrible.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i think any game that requires third party applications to be installed should have to disclose this prevalently on the package, like that "games for windows" ribbon across the top of the ones that use microsoft's (dumb) system.  i'm sure the steam thing is somewhere on the box in the legalese, but i still call that deliberately deceptive. 
I like to stare at the sun.

I've preordered the game as well, and am looking forward to sniping my way to victory again.  I'm still up for trying to down Crawmerax in the original if anyone's game before 2 lands.  My Steam ID is starslayer, not Astronomiya.

Of all the things to proudly advertise on the cover of your game Games 4 Windows Live is not one of them.  Having a Steamworks logo on the cover would probably be much more effective at sales since Steamworks is actually pretty awesome if you don't mind using Steam.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
not good for them, but it's fantastic for me.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
You're going to have to go to your store, pick your game up, and then come back home and install it when you could have just pre-loaded it on Steam. :p

Probably work out faster with work and all, only a five minute jaunt from my work to the nearest GAME, and then a half hour bus journey home.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline watsisname

I've finally got BL2 pre-ordered so I'm good to go for some midget-punching skag-sniping shotgun-rocket launching mayhem. :yes:

I also still play Borderlands 1 on occasion, though I don't have the expansion packs.  Feel free to drop me an invite if you see me on and want to get a game going -- Steam name is Watsisname.
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Crap, there's two watsisnames on Steam and I think I have may sent the inivites to the wrong one.  Are you Watsisname or watsisname?

Offline watsisname

There are two watsisname's?

UNACCEPTABLE

I'm the lowercase one. :)

That's the one I thought you were at first, but Steam said you owned the DLC when you said you didn't, so I was worried.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
For those of us who've preordered on Steam, the preloads are now live.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Awesome, I'll start the preload immediately.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Preloaded yesterday.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline watsisname

Same here.  Only 2 days left to go! :yes:

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Same here.  Only 2 days left to go! :yes:

4 or 5 for those of us not in the US
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp