Author Topic: Spanish (Spain) translation  (Read 3869 times)

Spanish (Spain) translation
Hello. I wanted to inform you that me and a fellow translator are procceding with the WCS:DD translation into spanish. I wanted to officially ask you, WCS developers, permission to continue with this translation. Once it's finished, and again if you give us permission, we'll publish this translation (not the mod itself) here in HLP and in a spanish webpage of translators, Clan DLAN. So, do you agree with this?

If your response is possitive, I have an inquiry. I'm going to translate the cinematics too, add some subtitles to them... But the problem is I can't understand everything they say. So I wanted to ask you if you had the scripts around there (I mean, the cinematics lines in txt the voice actors had to read while recording), and if you could share them with me in order to expedite this translation. Thank you.

AGH! I didn't notice you had a forum in the wcs webpage. I'm going to post there too.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:08:29 pm by Alex Navarro »
Working on the Freespace 2 spanish translation. In case you want to play the game in castillian, click here. You'll need some spanish there, though, sorry :p

If you want your mod/campaign translated to spanish, please PM me or send me an e-mail message.

I could translate from spanish to english too, if you want, but it wouldn't be perfect, not at all. For spanish->english translations comes better an english native with spanish knowledge.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Spanish (Spain) translation
Are you translating the missions themselves or the strings.tbl?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Missions, strings, weapons, ships... Everything except tstrings, because WCS's tstrings is the FreeSpace one  :confused:
Working on the Freespace 2 spanish translation. In case you want to play the game in castillian, click here. You'll need some spanish there, though, sorry :p

If you want your mod/campaign translated to spanish, please PM me or send me an e-mail message.

I could translate from spanish to english too, if you want, but it wouldn't be perfect, not at all. For spanish->english translations comes better an english native with spanish knowledge.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I'm not surprised WCS doesn't use TStrings.tbl. Honestly I cannot name a single mod that does.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Yeah I know... It doesn't matter much anyway.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I'm not surprised WCS doesn't use TStrings.tbl. Honestly I cannot name a single mod that does.

How many mods do you know that have been translated?

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Exactly.

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Well, actually during the times of FSO 3.6.10 I translated FS2, FSPort, Cardinal Spear, Blue Planet: AoA, JAD, ST:R, Op Templar and ASW  ;)

And BTRL...

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well that's good. But if you don't translate using strings.tbl it's largely a wasted effort because as soon as they release updates your work becomes outdated.

Exactly.

You're getting cart before the horse. Mods aren't translated because no one goes to the 10 second effort of preparing a strings.tbl.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Or noone goes to the 10 sec effort to prepare a strings.tbl because there is not enough interest in the community for translations to begin with.

I know that, as a French, I wouldn't want to even download and play mods translated from English to French.

EDIT: Just to make myself clearer, I am not saying that it is a bad idea to make translations. What I am saying is that, the fact noone here can name a mod that uses a strings.tbl, shows of how little interest the community seems to have for translations.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:09:54 am by MatthTheGeek »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well BtRL had both tables. And Diaspora will too.

But if you don't translate using strings.tbl it's largely a wasted effort because as soon as they release updates your work becomes outdated.

Yeah, that's my nightmare. Fortunately, main campaigns have one.

And Diaspora will too.

Can't wait :D

Offline Lorric

But if you don't translate using strings.tbl it's largely a wasted effort because as soon as they release updates your work becomes outdated.

Yeah, that's my nightmare. Fortunately, main campaigns have one.

And Diaspora will too.

Can't wait :D

Oh no, it's Alex Navarro. Please tell me you're not the review guy from Gamespot. I hate that guy for trashing Dynasty Warriors.

Oh no, it's Alex Navarro. Please tell me you're not the review guy from Gamespot. I hate that guy for trashing Dynasty Warriors.

lol I think they asked me the same question four years ago. No I'm not that Alex Navarro :P

Offline Lorric

lol I think they asked me the same question four years ago. No I'm not that Alex Navarro :P

Phew. Hello! :D

Hate that guy...  :hopping: