Author Topic: Skyrim Hearthfire DLC, Raise a family!  (Read 4999 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Skyrim Hearthfire DLC, Raise a family!
New skyrim DLC has been announced, Hearthfire. In it you can buy land buy a house, have a garden etc, hire a "butler", adopt kids and raise them. Once again is a Xbox 30 day exclusive (sigh, getting sick of xbox exclusives for 30 days). Costs 400 msp or £3.50

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/365087/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-hearthfire-dlc-announced-first-trailer/

While it is interesting idea to build your house etc, i would like a full blown expansion like shivering isle's that is not xbox exclusive.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Patriot

Re: Skyrim Hearthfire DLC, Raise a family!
I think you should be glad it's a small pack that falls under the "exclusivity", which only lasts a month anyway..

As stated in the last sentence in the article, Microsoft only holds this exclusivity for the first 2 DLC packs, this one being the second.

So a third would NOT be exclusive for a month on Xbox

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
So they basically copied the one from Morrowind.  Nice.

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
Well, it's not as if there aren't already mods for this.

Oh wait. There are.  :rolleyes:

No wonder Bethesda is letting the 360 get it first.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Hold on, perhaps I am not understanding something, but are you saying a company is selling a software product for a profit, yet the "licence" of this product lasts only for a month? If so, why would you waste your money? That's truly shoddy business at best!
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
No no no...the 30-day thing refers to the period of time when the DLC is exclusive to the X-Box.  After that, it'll (presumably) be available on all platforms.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Alright - that's better. I apologise for the confusion.

:)
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
It's supposed to be on all platforms but so far dawnguard is still to appear on ps3, and there are still no indications when it will appear on ps3.

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Butler raep.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Butler raep.

Monkey Butler!!!  :confused: :shaking: :wtf:

(Sorry that was the Sims!) :p
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline newman

The thing with all the TES titles I've played so far is, I tend to approach them in a very completionist way - leaving no stone unturned or side-quest unsolved (apart from the few bugged ones that seem to happen in every TES game). That means that by the time I'm all done with the game, I'm utterly sick of it and never tend to run it again, so DLCs don't really interest me as playing them would mean getting back into a game I'm just tired of playing anymore.
It's not the same with other games for me - the TES series has something in it that makes the games non-replayable - again, for me. Fully completing a TES game seems as much hard work as it is fun :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
New skyrim DLC has been announced, Hearthfire. In it you can buy land buy a house, have a garden etc, hire a "butler", adopt kids and raise them. Once again is a Xbox 30 day exclusive (sigh, getting sick of xbox exclusives for 30 days). Costs 400 msp or £3.50

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/365087/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-hearthfire-dlc-announced-first-trailer/

While it is interesting idea to build your house etc, i would like a full blown expansion like shivering isle's that is not xbox exclusive.

Buy a house?  Mortgage says yes.
Have a garden?  *looks at dandelions* sure.
Hire a butler?  I can't think of a compelling reason to do so when I already have an expensive wife...
Adopt kids?  Had my own.  Much more fun process.
Raise them?  In progress.

I can't think of a compelling reason to buy a computer game that is an emulator of real life.  I play games for escape, relaxation, and fun, not to do the same things I spend my actual life doing :P

People looking forward to this DLC need to get out more.  A lot more.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

I'm not interested.  The whole point of Skyrim is smashing your foes in the face with an axe in true Viking style, not raising children.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
I would of prefered this expansion to be a story one, or to give us Dragons/sabre cats to use a mounts and buy armor for them, That is one thing fans have been screaming for. I know there is already a mod to get a sabre cat mount but it is rather buggy.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I would of prefered this expansion to be a story one, or to give us Dragons/sabre cats to use a mounts and buy armor for them, That is one thing fans have been screaming for. I know there is already a mod to get a sabre cat mount but it is rather buggy.

Dragon's as mounts
Mod. Now.
"No"

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin

Dragon's as mounts
Mod. Now.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9464

I don't know if they fly, play with a conjured horse mount mod myself, but yeah. Plenty of other mounts, too.

There's VERY little in the way of DLC Bethesda could make without there already being a mod for it.

Offline Crazy_Ivan80

• Node Warrior
remember the Skyrim game jam?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SE5owAIPmk

Dawnguard is in there, so is Hearthfire, so was mounted combat.
It came from outer space! What? Dunno, but it's going back on the next flight!
Proud member of Hard Light Productions. The last, best hope for Freespace...
:ha:

Seem some one wants a more extreme version of The Sims 3:Medieval.
Victory does not concern us, nor does life.
We have decided to preform our duty, our duty towards history, towards our ancestors, and towards our grandchildren.
The GTVA Colossus was a fine ship.