Using a Saitek X45 dual joystick and can't get it to recognize the left hand throttle. I can't increase or decrease thrust with it. I don't want to have to reach over to press A/Z every time I want to change speed. Any suggestions on how to get it to recognize the throttle?
Also, noticing that there are a lot of commands to bind in this game... which are the truly necessary ones in-game?
Thanks in advance.
Kind of an obvious question, but did you try to bind the absolute throttle axis to the actual throttle? I ask because I have a full HOTAS setup and never had an issue getting the throttle to work on my G940. It does need to be manually bound to the proper axis in-game though.
As for necessary commands, I'd say you need the basic ship controls (yaw/pitch/roll/throttle + full throttle key for tube launching), glide (there are two versions - glide toggle and glide while pressed - either will do, it depends on what you prefer), fire primaries, select and fire secondaries, countermeasures, and basic targeting controls (cycle through all targets, cycle through enemy targets, nearest hostile).
Not strictly necessary, but nice:
- escort list targeting (covered in the tutorials);
- thruster control (for sideways motion; up, down, left and right);
- padlock view (if not using something like trackIR - it locks your view to your current target);
- comms (easy enough to use and arguably in the necessary category, but it is possible to finish the game without using it; it can be quite helpful though).
- external view (default *) - not really for actual combat, but good for taking screenshots and goofing around