this is my first post, happy to be here! What a game - Keep up the great work. Best Case!
Today Id like to contribute something for this amazing game! It's a mission. The thing is, Im trying to learn the Editor to create something like a flight skills test, but might be not ready to finish it on my own. In this very early stage, I think I could only serve with ideas and some object placing inside the Editor. But let's get to the point and thanks for reading ...here we go with draft V. 1 - ah and note that it's all about those fancy containers used for transportation:
Mission-Name: Get some Certificate for your flight skills
Type: Checkpoint passing and calculation based mission
Mode: Multiplayer (origin and description of my idea) + Single Player
Handycaps: Precision counts, speed also. Limited time would be to hard IMO. If you finish something first, you move on to the next quest, others might or might not follow. Last Player might be too late after 30 mins or so because mission will be over after some time.
Starting point: Viper MKVII in space
Rewards: Medal (Space Pilot / Space Pilot Ace / Native to space)
- Scenario 1: Try to fly through 'one sized' holes with a given speed limit. First to finish gets first point.
- Scenario 2: Try to fly through 'different sized' holes with a given speed limit. First to finish gets second point.
- Scenario 3: Boost and fly towards some array of containers looking like a plane platform big scale in front of you. Now get some landing done very quickly with only a single approach. Note that you are approaching it from top and need to calculate how to not drag into the platform resulting in collision plus keep in mind to make the perfect turn manuever right before you hit the ground. Softness/Hardness of impact will be measured and counts. Sucess grants fourth point.
- Scenario 4: Do a race between single containers, each of it is somewhere on the map. Now make a U-turn at those containers. Starting from container with ID 1 to ID 10. U-turn gets counted if sucessfull (limited distance from container to perform U-turn). First to finish gets 4th point.
- Scenario 5: We go insane on it and place slowly moving/floating containers which need to be passed from the inside. So approach and enter it but leave it without collision. If you accomplish you receive one point for each container and 0 points in case of collision.
The End: Who got most points, wins. But theres some overview showing who was fastest racer and most precise pilot. Points can be earned by each player, rounds have no winners. Funny IMO is the fact that you can earn more points in Scenario 5 compared to all of the other Scenarios. So Scenario 5 might be best placed in middle of the mission, as Scenario 3 or something like that, to make it look for fun with all those points. Max points would be: 41 - 42
Begin of mission: Arrangements of containers like this (notice the hole we need to pass). Guiding system will indicate which of these manuever quests is to perform first. Container array creation/building is IMO easy with the given meshes the editor has to offer:
- - - -
- - - - all inner holes = same size. spiral arrengement of these container sets
| | |
- - ||
- - - -
- - - - getting smaller only fitting one viper at checkpoint 10. Displaced arrengement of these container sets
| | | ||
||||||||||||||| < *<: Viper. No easy landing, only top approach counts. Don't forget to be fast
| | | | Any direction approach possible. Distance to container and U-turn success rate counts
| | |
|_| |_| wait, do you Vipers think you'll all fit inside me at once. Im tight as frak, only fitting one at time.
- Containers (a lot of 'em)
- Diaspora, the best game ever!!
- Some Vipers (might be raiders, too)
- Time and Help
- And even more containers Download of Alpha Version for you to try out bellow.###Update####
Requesting Ghost Mode Function, read posts below for details!
Feedback is welcome! WIP - Draft is to be advanced! Thread could be edited.
Question: Im still some Editor Nugget, IMO can't do this on my own any time soon. And I'm bad with maths - this mission would need a lot of calculations and code. Maybe someone wants to help me with this or thinks he can master it on his own way more easy compared to me or others. If you want to participate, please feel free to leave some comment here so we can get the talking started. What do you think, you like it?
Just in Case, sorry for any unfluent english
[attachment removed and sold on the black market]