Author Topic: In-Mission FTL Jumps  (Read 1555 times)

Offline Dukayn

I'm trying to do a mission whereby a Raptor pilot does a mid-mission FTL jump and I don't want it to end the mission.  I extracted out Mission 3 as it has the mid-mission jump and checked out the various Events in there, and I've replicated them in my mission, replacing the appropriate ship names and what have you where appropriate.  I disabled the sub-space drive on the Raptor the player flies so it doesn't do that as well.

Now, I'm having some trouble getting it working.  It prompts to press Alt-J to jump, and when I do it fires off the event to display "FTL Engaged" for 5 seconds, and I can see the FOV switch very slightly (like, maybe by 1? point) but nothing else triggers.  I figure it's because the events are looking for the FOV=100 bit, and the FOV isn't being changed enough in the first place, but I can't figure out why it's not doing that.  As I said, I've replicated the FTL events from M3 as spot on as I can tell, but it's not triggering the FOV change properly and thus the rest of the events to mock the FTL jump (at least, I assume that's the reason).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It would help if you could post the event in question. Just open the events editor, take a screenshot with the FTL event open, and post that here.
Let there be light
Let there be moon
Let there be stars and let there be you
Let there be monsters and let there be pain
Let us begin to feel again
--Devin Townsend, Genesis

Offline Dukayn

Yeah good point.  The ones I think are the issue are the two below.

Offline Cerebus

I'd like to use the FTL command to give the option of jumping away to end a mission, so they player still decides when they're done on a map I'm working on, yet it isn't without an "ending"

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Check your repeat/trigger counts for the events against those in Mission 3. My bet is that's your culprit.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Dukayn

Check your repeat/trigger counts for the events against those in Mission 3. My bet is that's your culprit.
Cool, thanks.  I didn't even think of that.  I'll check it out tomorrow :)

Offline Dukayn

Yep that was the trick.  Got it all working fine now :)