Author Topic: RELEASE - My first campaign - Patrick's Revenge.  (Read 8327 times)

RELEASE - My first campaign - Patrick's Revenge.
This is the story of the Admiral Patrick.  The setting is roughly 36 hours after the main attack.  Admiral Patrick was once fleet commander but his frequent public outburst against the armistice with the Cylons eventually caused him to be sidelined.  He was give a token fleet to command and assigned a backwater shipping lane to patrol.  This fleet was affected by the CNP backdoor but given the fleets position they had time to discover the problem and hard reset all equipment to original software.  Assuming all is lost he plots his revenge...

I hope you enjoy it and please post any feedback.  I voiced the last mission for kicks but I really recommend having MS_sam turned on for the who campaign.  Don't laugh too hard the redneck Colonials :)

http://www.filedropper.com/patricksrevenge_1

Edit: Now packaged as mod.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 06:38:31 am by karajorma »

Re: My first campaign - Patrick's Revenge.
Just started the campaign will let you know so far looks good

Offline JCQ

• life is hard
    • FREESPACE GAMPLAY VIDS
where do i install?

Just extract all the files into the \Games\Diaspora\Data\missions folder.

Completed second mission all objectives and bonus objective, mission end not triggering

So the mission is not ending after you destroy a couple of freighters?  If not, you can jump out after the primary objective and it will let you advance to mission 3.

correct   will return and try again to verify

Offline JCQ

• life is hard
    • FREESPACE GAMPLAY VIDS
no sound from the ogg files.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Hello, I noticed from this support thread that the data for this campaign is not packaged correctly.  Could you repackage your campaign by following the instructions in this post?

That way, people will have an easier time installing and playing your campaign, since they'll be able to just extract the mod download directly to the root of their Diaspora folder and have it work correctly with both the launcher and the game. Packaging your mod this way will also get the sound files that you've added to work.

If you'd like to learn more about mod packaging, the pre-release campaign checklist has more information, particularly the section "Where to Put the Files?". There's even more information about it in this wiki article. Unfortunately, the Diaspora team doesn't have a Diaspora-specific version of this information available right now, but the FS2 version will work for our purposes here.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask here or on the tech help board.

Thank you.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Sure I can do that.  I didn't think of it as a mod and it seems to work from missions folder for me.  So should all campaign's be mods?

Yes. Making a mod is basically just putting the contents of your missions folder into a neat little box which the engine can deal with more cleanly.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Yes they should. The main reason that we suggest even campaigns use a mod folder is it makes the install process trivial for the user.  They just take what is in the zip and dump it in their root game folder, select it in the launcher and they are done. Now they can play.

The secondary reason is a strictly campaign only "mod" would be the only exception and from our experience with FS2 modding it is best to have no exceptions.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

mission trigger working well now might have been a one time occurance

can you make an vp

Repackaged as a mod now.  Link updated in first post.

Offline vic

Repackaged as a mod now.  Link updated in first post.

Linky no worky :(

Offline haslan

The link is still not working.
Is there another way to get the mission?

best regards

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Not sure if this is the newest version...

[attachment deleted by a basterd]
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
There appears to be something wrong with the zip file.  I'm getting an error that says can't open file as an archive when I use 7zip.  If I use winzip it tells me the file does not contain a complete zip file.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline arrtee

Same here.. .zip file is fried..:\