Here's some ideas I would like to implement after I've finished all my confed models. I'll be adding more stuff as I come around to it (or if someones has some suggestions). Think of this as public notes to myself.
My guess is part of lod 0. A detail box wouldn't work because they would need to rotate.
For sexping I'm guessing (is there an easier way???)
1. wait till mission over and within range of landing bay
2. Take control of player ship, move ship to landing decent path start
3. Move camera to a "camera" subsystem on the capship and point the camera at the fighter, it should track the craft as it comes in for a landing.
3. Have AI do the landing/docking so it'll come down on landing approach
4. At specific time/distance start rotating landing gears
Things I need to take notice to:
- The landing/docking endpoint (touchdown) must be the same height for all ships otherwise bombers will have their wheels falling into the floor and light fighters will float in the air
- This can also be used for fighters just sitting in the hanger bay
Changes to existing model: Cut out the wheel wells and some retexturing for those wells, nothing too major.