Author Topic: Double ETS fix  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
3.6.14 has kicked me into finally playing again, but i've got that overlayed ETS thing with .14.  i recall seeing a post on it with a file to download and put somewhere to fix it, but i can't find it again and the search function is unsurprisingly not helping.  can someone hook me up?

also, i want to note again that under the final release i'm still getting the red "more" under scrolling text in the brief screens that doesn't go away at the end of scrolling.  no one else seemed to ever have this last time i posted about it, but this is a completely fresh install of WiH and obviously a different FSO build to when it happened before.  There are places where i know for sure that this cuts off text, though it doesn't always (i don't think, unless entire paragraphs are missing).  do the rest of you not get this?
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I think I've seen the same thing.

I've gotten the red text thing a few times with Stranded, so I think its an engine bug.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i think the reason i thought it might be a BP thing is because i first noticed it on the WiH update.  which if i think about it probably coincided with using a .13 build.   mantis it?

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Yeah, this is the only mod I've played on .14 and I get the double ETS on 4:3 and 16:9 resolutions (less obvious on 4:3. plus I didn't see it on 1280x600 of all things).

MediaVPs, FSPort, I didn't get that problem. (I did try the ETS Retail fix, but that didn't work as well as I hoped.)

A screenshot of what I tried.

To the topic author:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=81213.msg1618962#msg1618962
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
yeah, i found that thread eventually.  the attachments are gone now though.  i posed in the final release thread about it.