Author Topic: Multiplayer  (Read 1739 times)

Offline BugMeNot

• I'm a throwaway account. My users may behave unpredictably. Read with caution.
  • One Account, Many Users
I liked this mod! Who plays it on a network?

Offline BugMeNot

• I'm a throwaway account. My users may behave unpredictably. Read with caution.
  • One Account, Many Users
I studied a little forum and found the answer - a network game in this game is not working. am I right?

My game crashes when trying Multiplayer. When trying to HOST a game it says i don't have the Map and ask if I want to download it. It crashes on both yes and no.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Hey Guys,

unfortunately, MS removed the Multiplayer AND Video Code from the releases Source. While we would like to, seen from a realistic point of view we might not be able to create a new multiplayer, because we simply lack the coding man power. Since we mostly have Magic doing the codework, we rather want to add and correct features than creating a new multiplayer code.... though again, it's mostly a manpower issue.

I'm afraid you will have to have fun in singleplayer with this game ;)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Mcray

Hi Starman01,

Strange. I was a single player man all my life (The reason I did not have internet for at least 10+ years while everyone in the world had it). Fallout and Battletech games were my life, and then I finally got internet 2 years ago only for one online game: World Of Tanks. Now that Im a total fanatic WOT player, I find it relaxing and huge fun, to be back to a singleplayer game (mod) that brings back the old "offline" passion.

It feels like a new game with the added content and campaigns, and I like it so much its possible I will have this running in another 10 years time  ;)