Author Topic: The End of TLG/SoI/WotP/WotW/Osiris  (Read 5687 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
The End of TLG/SoI/WotP/WotW/Osiris
I post this here 'cause it mostly concerns the campaigns I've been making over the past years, if a admin/mod likes to move this he_she is free to do so

Evening everyone,

I hate it when a campaign/mod suddenly disappears and dies with so much as a word to the community it is aimed for. While a mod is disppearing in the orcus of never-getting-finished is bad enough, the silence is always that what unerved me. Knowing that I'm at least being open about it however doesn't make this any easier now.

I'll be direct:
I'm done with modding for FS_Open and The Babylon Project and all my projects (which are The Lost Generation, Shard Of Infinity, Words of the Prophet, Workings of the Warp and TBP: Osiris) die with me stepping down from the stage and into the audience.

- 0rph3u5
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: The End of TLG/SoI/WotP/WotW/Osiris
 :(

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
It is always a shame when we hear that projects are ending but life and our own personal interests have a habit of buggering things up like that.

Hope you stay in touch with the community, it's always nice to hear from those who have contributed.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Sorry to see you go. :(

Would you consider releasing your unfinished work?

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
That's a shame. It'd be great if you could at least release what you have.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Sorry to hear that you are no longer going to be working on your various projects.  I've enjoyed your campaigns and have enjoyed occasionally working with you.  Good luck on whatever the future holds for you.  You work, as well as you, will be missed.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
 :warp:
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline starlord

such a shame orpheus, I was looking forward to your workings of the warp and shard of infinity storyline... and I was relieved when not too long ago you posted screens of your work.

Why? oh why?

Offline 0rph3u5

Hope you stay in touch with the community, it's always nice to hear from those who have contributed.

Don't worry I'll be lurking around .. there are some things I'd surely regret if I'd miss out on them (e.g. WiH2, WoD2)
But I will be a rather quiet community member as I've always been

Would you consider releasing your unfinished work?

That's a shame. It'd be great if you could at least release what you have.

Most of what in terms of assets is publicly avalible, so you won't miss out on anything...

Some of missions I'd like to keep for myself ... mostly because they aren't even "alpha" and/or results of my chaotic impulses (both con- and destructive) ... but I guess I can make a dump of the more complete stuff and a set of files that sum things up a little

However that may take a while since it involves going through all my notebooks and "processing" all the notes (that's going to be a one wierd track down memory lane ;))
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Exile
I saw You have a great collection of the ancient ships with interesting weapons and cool skin for Albanus. I know most of them are from OTT modeldump, but it would be simpler if You just release all of them :P

Too bad that this is end of Your projects. I was always admiring them, especialy the Shard of Infinity. I'm sure it's storyline was awesome. It's a shame that it will never be completed :(.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline 0rph3u5

FYI:

First batch of files will should be ready for upload this weekend ... it will contain all (alpha stage) missions, assets and design documents of The Lost Generation...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 12:38:18 pm by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

Sry for two successive post but just uploaded the TLG dump to freespacemods.net ... once cleared it should appear in Misc - General-Section of the downloads...

The dump contains 21 mission files and all assets (models, tables, textrues) needed to play them as well as some reading material...

ps. please don't make any comments on the spelling/grammar of the stuff in that dump, I wrote most of it on the fly without looking over it with care...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 10:20:38 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Freespacemods.net
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Exile
I'm trying to figure out why nobody replied.

Downloaded, played, enjoyed. The NTF part could be released a chapter one of the mod.

What's with the dumps of other projects?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

there most be more projacts

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Exile
Yes, they are. Only TLG dump is released. SoI's, WotP's, WotW's and Osiris' ones are still waiting to see the light of the day. Especialy SoI's dump is interesting.

Offline 0rph3u5

The NTF part could be released a chapter one of the mod.

I had it planned to be that way ... since WotW went nowhere for a long time because I simple didn't have the assests to make a fully working set of Constructor ships that was required from the start of the campaign onwards, I set out to flesh out some of characters that would be in "supporting cast" of the WotW, namely Richter, Ashcroft & Phuun

SoI's, WotP's, WotW's and Osiris' ones are still waiting to see the light of the day. Especialy SoI's dump is interesting.

I can't tell you which one will be next and when I will put it out there for two reasons:
a) I'm terribly disorganized (also I was off fighting a shark wearing a bolo tie. If you now ask me who was wearing the tie, the shark or I, the answer is: yes.)
b) Right now nothing can really compete with a certain RL "issue" that is there as well (a french proverb comes to mind ;) )
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 05:51:48 pm by 0rph3u5 »

==================

i waiting for SoI/WotP/WotW/Osiris  hurry to upload

Offline 0rph3u5

A RL-emergency situation has come up and I won't be able to work on compiling the dumps for an undefinite amount of time... I'm very sorry about that but it can't be helped as this has just turned into a very trying time for me...
(originally I quit because I thought I found a better use of my time -like advancing professionally- but now I'm really stuck deep in the metaphorical ****)

Once this crisis is over and the waves have smoothed I will get to putting the dumps out in the open as soon as I am able...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 05:25:45 pm by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Wow. I wish you all the strength you'll need...