Author Topic: Deal with it *glasses*  (Read 1763 times)

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Deal with it *glasses*
We should make a bot that automatically responds to every one of Salty's posts in the BP board with this:

« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 10:05:13 am by Darius »
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Re: Deal with it *glasses*
We should make a bot that automatically responds to every one of Salty's posts in the BP board with this:

**** off. Just because you don't like what someone says doesn't mean you get to try to muzzle them. Again, **** off.  :mad:

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
**** off. Just because you don't like what someone says doesn't mean you get to try to muzzle them. Again, **** off.  :mad:

Who made you a moderator? Cos I don't see a moderator tag on you anywhere. redsniper, while using what is maybe not the politest way to express his opinion, hasn't broken any of the written or unwritten rules, and what he posted was very definitely just a bit of humour.

So, in other words, Just because you don't like what someone says doesn't mean you get to try to muzzle them. Because you're not a moderator of this, or any other board here, and we don't look kindly on people who think they need to take matters in their own hands. If someone says or does something you disagree with, the correct course of action is to report the offending post and move on. Not, I repeat, not trying to act as if you had any sort of authority.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Well, it's not like I have any pull around here. Just expressing annoyance with snarky gifs. If I was out of line, so be it.

Hard Light Productions:

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Well, it's not like I have any pull around here. Just expressing annoyance with snarky gifs. If I was out of line, so be it.

If you were out of line, then so was Darius on IRC when he saw your post. I'm gonna go with his judgment on this.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova

Who made you a moderator? Cos I don't see a moderator tag on you anywhere. redsniper, while using what is maybe not the politest way to express his opinion, hasn't broken any of the written or unwritten rules, and what he posted was very definitely just a bit of humour.

So, in other words, Just because you don't like what someone says doesn't mean you get to try to muzzle them. Because you're not a moderator of this, or any other board here, and we don't look kindly on people who think they need to take matters in their own hands. If someone says or does something you disagree with, the correct course of action is to report the offending post and move on. Not, I repeat, not trying to act as if you had any sort of authority.

I wasn't acting as if I had authority. I was acting angry because Redsniper thought it would be a good idea to muzzle SaltyWaffles, which is BS no matter the situation.

So yes, fine, next time I'll report behavior like that. Fine.

Offline QuakeIV

• test
I wasn't aware that descending into a rage was considered a sure sign of being a moderator with authority.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I wasn't aware that descending into a rage was considered a sure sign of being a moderator with authority.

Do not look at the form of the message, but at its contents. "This is behaviour I disapprove of, stop it" is what BritishShivans effectively said. Now, had he been a moderator, that would have been fine, but he isn't.

Offline QuakeIV

• test
Hm, true.  I would have summarized it more along the lines of "RRRAAAAGE" previously but I'm inclined to agree with you at this point.

E: To be clear it does seem a lot like he is basically saying 'i command you to stop, because i dont like this' without the authority to do so.  Instead of for instance, providing a valid argument.  Assuming thats the general idea, I agree with The E.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 04:47:25 pm by QuakeIV »

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Well, that is what I wondered people might say. Again, I must stress: I was not going "lol i'm a mod", I was angry because redsniper said something I found to be both stupid and against free speech.

As I said in my reply to TheE, I will remember to report things like that in future.

Offline Luis Dias

Are we still talking about the gif? Really? Come on HLP.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
The other thing is, I didn't mean it as "You can't post ever!" but more as "Your posts seem to be consistently nitpicking about details that aren't that important to the story and gameplay experience. Despite the devs best efforts to establish a sense of versimilitude, some inconsistencies and holes will still exist due to this being a human and therefore imperfect work. While I understand your desire to have everything fit together logically, you are going to eventually run into the limits of what the team could reasonably accomplish given their available assets, limitations of the game engine, the medium of space combat game as a storytelling vehicle, their own free time and desire to actually release something rather than polish endlessly, etc. At which point you'll have to actively suspend disbelief and use your own imagination to DEAL WITH (;7) these limitations and enjoy the mod." Which was humorously, enjoyably, and succinctly expressed in the phrase DEAL WITH IT from the gif.

tl;dr - Salty seems to often make the same kind of posts which get the same kind of responses and I was joking that we could automate the whole thing.

But whatever.

Hard Light Productions:

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Less gif.

Moar WiH plox.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png