Author Topic: Bought KOTOR2 in the Steam sale. What mods do I need?  (Read 1389 times)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Bought KOTOR2 in the Steam sale. What mods do I need?
What the title says.  I know a few people around here have said there are some essential mods that finish the game and fix some bugs.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Re: Bought KOTOR2 in the Steam sale. What mods do I need?
Restored Content mod, first off.  The end of the game is so imcomplete it's painful if you don't use that.

Incomplete doesn't begin to describe it, unless you use the literal meaning of "never finished".  It is bad, explains nothing, and you'll wonder why you worked so hard and had to deal with so much moral ambiguity from Kreia (who is one of the most morally grey, complex, and awesome NPC's to ever feature in a Star Wars game until you hit the un-restored ending).
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Anythign else?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

I'd also wait for the TSLRCM-compartible GenoHaradan Mod and for the M4-78 Enhancement Project.
Audio Converter of Enigma Campaign 2666:
http://enigma.de.to/

German translator of WC: Hostile Frontier:
http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/wchf/

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FekLeyrTarg?feature=mhee

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Incomplete doesn't begin to describe it, unless you use the literal meaning of "never finished".

This is exactly what I meant, actually.

And it is a good way to describe it.  The story just stops completely dead in what seems like the middle of the Exile's exploits.
Spoiler:
In the light side ending, you kill Kreia on Malachor V in the core of the Sith Academy and then fly away with your party in the Ebon Hawk with no indication of what happens next for the Exile or the Republic.
Spoiler:
In the dark side ending, you kill Kreia and then the camera zooms out through the top of the Academy where you've just become the new Lord of the Sith where you presumably sit there and meditate on being evil for all eternity.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems