Author Topic: Another crashing in briefing  (Read 1841 times)

Another crashing in briefing
Crashes at different times, last time was right after docking with ship.
Malloc Failed!

ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_Diaspora_R1.exe! <no symbol>
OPENGL32.dll! wglSwapBuffers + 155 bytes

Toshiba Qosmio X775
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM  CPU 2.20GHZ  2.20 GHz
8.0 GB Ram
64 Bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

Any help appreciated, best game ever what I seen so far!

[attachment deleted by a basterd]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 09:48:01 pm by crmfghtr »

Re: Another crashing in briefing
It seems like its on a timer, no matter what I am doing, after a certain period of time it just crashes, even if I am doing nothing.  This does have a switchable graphics card but I went into the Nvidia settings and changed the setting for this game to use High Performance Nvidia processor.  However I dont see how the card could be causing it to crash after the same amount of time expires.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 10:34:21 pm by crmfghtr »

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I think I've seen this before.  From your log (thanks for attaching that) it seems that your Intel card is still being used:

Code: [Select]
Initializing OpenGL graphics device at 1024x768 with 32-bit color...
  Initializing WGL...
  Requested WGL Video values = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 24, stencil: 8, double-buffer: 1
  Actual WGL Video values    = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 24, stencil: 8, double-buffer: 1
  OpenGL Vendor    : Intel
  OpenGL Renderer  : Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
  OpenGL Version   : 3.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2430

This might be because you set the normal/release executable to high performance, but not the debug executable.  Can you check that, then if necessary create & post another log?  If you've already done that, then you need to do something else in order to get your nVidia card to be used by Diaspora.  Sorry, I don't have a setup like yours so I can't offer much advice off the top of my head.  There might be another thread in the tech support forum with a solution...
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

I think we may have been right.  When I made the settings for the Nvidia card I just added the main game.  I went in and added the FS2open ext build.  I was just on game about 10 minutes and no crash(except my crash into the Theseus).  Will play longer tonight, fingers crossed.   This game is bloody amazing, I been playing space combat sims since the first release of Tie Fighter, and this is finally the one I been waiting for, the realism is awesome.

That was all that was wrong, played 2 hours tonight no problem!  Thanks again for quick reply