Author Topic: Campaign Request, Assistance Request and Forum Greeting  (Read 1860 times)

Campaign Request, Assistance Request and Forum Greeting
Dear Omnitech users and Dev team,

I have some requests, but first I would like to introduce myself (this thread serves multiple purposes).

My name is Amaroq Dricaldari. You may have heard of me on other websites, whatever that website may be. A few years ago (9 to be precise), I received a copies of Mechcommander 2 and the Mechwarrior 4 games for my birthday. After a few years, I lost the Mechwarrior 4 discs and the Mechcommander 2 disc got scratched. As you can probably guess, I was very upset because I loved the game so much but had no money for a new copy, but then I saw hope when I heard Microsoft released the source code and assets for the game. Not long afterwards, I was introduced to mods such as Omnitech.
Alright, introduction is over. Let's get to business.

I would like you guys to get the 'Training Simulations' campaign (or at least the missions) ported to Omnitech. I know that those missions would be a rather pointless addition, but they were still pretty cool.
Now here is another thing where I might need some help: A few days I was trying to create my own custom battlemech through alteration of the CSV files. The premise was pretty simple; a Raven with Jump Jets. To prevent messing something up, I saved it under a different file name, and so that I'd know wether or not it worked, I even gave the mech it's own unique name. However, Omnitech just doesn't seem to detect the new CSV file. What exactly am I doing wrong? A friend of mine (I will not disclose their name) told me it might have had something to do with Omnitech itself.

---

One last thing: I tried to launch mc2dbg.exe this morning, but it crashed in the process because msvcr80d.dll was missing from this computer, and sure enough it was. I even tried reinstalling the game (not Omnitech, because it is in a separate directory and isn't what was having issues), but to no avail. If anybody knows where I can find this file, let me know.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 12:11:43 am by Amaroq Dricaldari »

Offline Karl

Re: Campaign Request, Assistance Request and Forum Greeting
Hi Amaroq and welcome,

Ok regarding the CSV files, MCO usually lets you purchase either the first or second variant in the CSV file (the technical details as to why I dont know) but all the other variants in the CSV file can still be selected in the mechlab PROVIDED you have all the weapons and components to make that variant.

Regarding mc2dbg what are you wanting to do with this? Sorry if I insult your intelligence with this statement but... mc2dbg is the debug build for MC2... are you working with the source code?