Author Topic: Navigation menu problems  (Read 1974 times)

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Steam
Navigation menu problems
When using my phone, I can not use the "My messages", "Members", or any of the other navigation menu options that have a drop down menu. When attempting to click on one of the drop down options, the menu just goes away, leaving me on the page I was on.

Works fine on a normal computer, just not touch screen.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline newman

Re: Navigation menu problems
I can confirm this is an issue on my iphone - none of the drop down menus work, making me jump through hoops to access stuff like private messages, etc.

Also, the icons that indicate new posts in a thread or a sub-forum (to the left of it) don't seem to display properly - there's something tiny there but even when I zoom in I can't see if it's a very small icon or something else - definitely not the big icons we know and love from the desktop version. This isn't that big of an issue, but the near impossibility of accessing PM's and anything on drop downs on a mobile device is.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Sorry, didn't see this until now. I made some changes and tested on an old iPhone 3G I have access to... how's it working for you now?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Steam
Sorry, didn't see this until now. I made some changes and tested on an old iPhone 3G I have access to... how's it working for you now?

All better, thanks.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline newman

Only thing that remains "broken" are the red icons indicating there are new posts in a sub-forum - they don't seem to display on my 3gs. But this is a minor issue, tbh - drop downs work now, and that was a much bigger issue.  :yes:
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Oh, I see how you are, Sammich!  You'll dig out your 3G for newman, but not for me!  /pretends to be offended  :P

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Oh, I see how you are, Sammich!  You'll dig out your 3G for newman, but not for me!  /pretends to be offended  :P

Err... it's not mine, it's a work phone my boss loaned me for site testing... doesn't even have a SIM.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Ha, that'll teach me to read every other word in a post.  :rolleyes:  Glad it's fixed :yes: