Where to start? So. Much. Greatness.
1. Full cockpits. Being a TrackIR guy, this was a great immersion feature. The detail is so cool sometimes I fire up a mission just to check out the cockpit features.
2. Model detail. What can I say? The Theseus is an amazing model, and the launch sequence is FANTASTIC (even more so when I read how hard it was to FRED). All of the other ships were great too.
3. The feel. The game felt very BSGish all the way through.
4. Autoaim. Yeah, it's a cheat, but damn it was hard to kill anything in BTRL. It was satisfying to line up a deflection shot at long range and pull it off for the first time.
5. Good balance of types of missions. I liked having the raptors in both recon and assault roles, hopefully we can see more of these.