Author Topic: The BP Compatibility package  (Read 32161 times)

Re: The BP Compatibility package
bu- bu- but then I/we would lose story content :(

Anyways, is there anything I could do to help? I can't get logs since the debug version doesn't get far enough, but it's reproducible at least.
What else does the compat pack change?

Offline qwadtep

I think I've pinpointed the event causing the problem, fix inbound.

e: here we go. Sergei's set-armor-type was muddled into "boost gwilym burners" for some reason. Moved it to its own one-off event. Also added an is-destroyed-delay check to the burner boost event, just to be safe.

Place attached in blueplanet2\data\missions\ and enjoy.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 02:13:34 pm by qwadtep »

Alright thanks :D

I'll give it a spin when I'm done shovelling.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I think I've pinpointed the event causing the problem, fix inbound.

e: here we go. Sergei's set-armor-type was muddled into "boost gwilym burners" for some reason. Moved it to its own one-off event. Also added an is-destroyed-delay check to the burner boost event, just to be safe.

Place attached in blueplanet2\data\missions\ and enjoy.

Wait, what, could you walk me through exactly what the problem was

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Because nothing in that event should have been remotely a problem.

Offline qwadtep

The CTD in question is an access violation several seconds after Sergei and Leo Wing jump in, but before Tactical warns you about their payload. I didn't think that event would be the problem either but upon trial and error deleting it solved the problem.

The specific fixes were moving the set-armor-type SEXP to a new event only called once (since it only needs to be anyway), and adding a check that Sergei is still alive when trying to boost his afterburners just in case. I tested both fixes at the same time so I don't know precisely which it was; I'll run another test later.

You're right, there was nothing in the event itself that should logically have been a problem, so my best guess would be something in the set-armor-type SEXP source not playing nice when called in rapid succession.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
We should bump this up to SCP because this sounds like a serious bug.

Offline qwadtep

I'll try to throw together another mission replicating it later. In the meantime, the Jupiter mission fails to load:

Code: [Select]
Unrecognized operator.

In sexpression: ( every-time
   ( and ( = [] 0 ) ( = [] 1 ) )
   ( modify-variable [] 1 )
   ( training-msg "BUILD MODE" )
   ( lock-primary-weapon "Falcata 1" )
   ( lock-secondary-weapon "Falcata 1" )
   ( lock-afterburner "Falcata 1" )
   ( hud-activate-gauge-type
      "Throttle"
      ( false )
   )
      "Threat indicator"
      ( false )
   )
      "Afterburner energy"
      ( false )
   )
      "Weapon energy"
      ( false )
   )
      "Orientation"
      ( false )
   )
      "Target direction"
      ( false )
[...]
(Error appears to be: nebula-change-pattern)
<no module>! KiFastSystemCallRet
<no module>! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! atiPPHSN + 7280969 bytes

Quick comparison via FRED confirms that nebula-change-pattern is indeed missing from the compat build. More time to try to get an ideal outcome in Her Finest Hour, I guess.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Quick comparison via FRED confirms that nebula-change-pattern is indeed missing from the compat build. More time to try to get an ideal outcome in Her Finest Hour, I guess.

Yeah, that SEXP was added in the BP.patch. Here's a patch, derived from the original BP.patch, that should just add that SEXP and bump the ship class limits, which BP.patch also did. This is what my unofficial BP build uses.

EDIT: Well, the patch also comments out a warning that BP.patch comments out for some reason; I just decided to leave that in.

Sorry to sound uninformed here, but how do I apply the patch exactly?

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
The patch is really just for coders. I'm afraid you'll have to wait until there's an official build that includes the changes in the patch.

Alright then, no problem.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Updated the builds. See first post for details.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
Here's a compatibility build for OS X 10.6 and up using the official BP_compatibility.patch (and my update_xcode_proj.patch, included) applied to antipodes r9531. Anyone using it should follow the install instructions in the OP about the compatibility .vp files. They should also delete any data folders that they got from the unofficial OS X BP build, since those are no longer needed.

Thanks, E, for making an official compatibility patch and VP.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 05:58:41 pm by jg18 »

Here's a compatibility build for OS X 10.6 and up using the official BP_compatibility.patch (and my update_xcode_proj.patch, included) applied to antipodes r9531. Anyone using it should follow the install instructions in the OP about the compatibility .vp files. They should also delete any data folders that they got from the unofficial OS X BP build, since those are no longer needed.

Thanks, E, for making an official compatibility patch and VP.

Grabbed it! Thanks to you and the_E!

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
jg18 and niffiwan you guys are awesome.

Offline Kolgena

I'm getting a crash to black screen with the newest antipodes build.

Code: [Select]
==========================================================================
DEBUG SPEW: No debug_filter.cfg found, so only general, error, and warning
categories can be shown and no debug_filter.cfg info will be saved.
==========================================================================
FreeSpace 2 Open version: 3.6.17.9481
Passed cmdline options:
  -fov .55
  -ogl_spec 128
  -spec_static 1.7
  -spec_point 0.3
  -spec_tube 0.7
  -ambient_factor 90
  -missile_lighting
  -nomotiondebris
  -no_emissive_light
  -soft_particles
  -post_process
  -bloom_intensity 60
  -fxaa
  -fxaa_preset 0
  -fb_explosions
  -nolightshafts
  -cache_bitmaps
  -no_vsync
  -orbradar
  -targetinfo
  -3dwarp
  -ship_choice_3d
  -warp_flash
  -snd_preload
  -mod blueplanet2,blueplanet,mediavps_3612
  -spec
  -glow
  -env
Deprecated flag '-spec' found. Please remove from your cmdline.
Deprecated flag '-glow' found. Please remove from your cmdline.
Deprecated flag '-env' found. Please remove from your cmdline.
Building file index...
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\blueplanet2\bp2-audio1.vp' with a checksum of 0x4f978a6b
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\blueplanet2\bp2-core.vp' with a checksum of 0x64e738b9
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\blueplanet2\bp2-visuals1.vp' with a checksum of 0xbaa4dbd6
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\blueplanet2\bp2-visuals2.vp' with a checksum of 0x9689af32
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\blueplanet\bp-audio1.vp' with a checksum of 0x53c3080c
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\blueplanet\bp-audio2.vp' with a checksum of 0xc9c97c6b
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\blueplanet\bp-core.vp' with a checksum of 0x16ea6fad
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\blueplanet\bp-visuals1.vp' with a checksum of 0x8c01538d
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\blueplanet\bp-visuals2.vp' with a checksum of 0x6a0a46ec
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\MV_AnimGlows.vp' with a checksum of 0x6a554026
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x59649c21
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.vp' with a checksum of 0x529cc70f
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\MV_CB_ANI_1.vp' with a checksum of 0x6b831455
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\MV_CB_ANI_2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd1e3fc51
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x9c510aa0
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.vp' with a checksum of 0xb9a9a485
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\MV_Music.vp' with a checksum of 0xb3e21469
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x7c9d7e74
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.vp' with a checksum of 0x6ffd5c78
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\Rak_Normal.vp' with a checksum of 0x8da1a3a5
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\SathMod.vp' with a checksum of 0x42fb4bfa
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\SobekMod-Hi.vp' with a checksum of 0x83e4bc71
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\FS2OGGcutscenepack.vp' with a checksum of 0x84396e99
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\multi-mission-pack.vp' with a checksum of 0x377695e0
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\multi-voice-pack.vp' with a checksum of 0xd50e7442
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\Root_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xce10d76c
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\smarty_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xddeb3b1e
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\sparky_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x164fe65a
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xa11d56f1
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\stu_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd77da83a
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\tango1_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x4c25221e
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\tango2_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x86920b82
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\tango3_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x705e8d71
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\warble_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd85c305d
Searching root 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\blueplanet2\' ... 16 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\blueplanet2\bp2-audio1.vp' ... 243 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\blueplanet2\bp2-core.vp' ... 92 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\blueplanet2\bp2-visuals1.vp' ... 682 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\blueplanet2\bp2-visuals2.vp' ... 2480 files
Searching root 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\blueplanet\' ... 3 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\blueplanet\bp-audio1.vp' ... 41 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\blueplanet\bp-audio2.vp' ... 683 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\blueplanet\bp-core.vp' ... 47 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\blueplanet\bp-visuals1.vp' ... 400 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\blueplanet\bp-visuals2.vp' ... 1561 files
Searching root 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\' ... 272 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\MV_AnimGlows.vp' ... 1641 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.3612.vp' ... 315 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.vp' ... 1527 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\MV_CB_ANI_1.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\MV_CB_ANI_2.vp' ... 52 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.3612.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.vp' ... 1876 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\MV_Music.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.3612.vp' ... 13 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.vp' ... 94 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\Rak_Normal.vp' ... 12 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\SathMod.vp' ... 15 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\mediavps_3612\SobekMod-Hi.vp' ... 11 files
Searching root 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\' ... 29 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\FS2OGGcutscenepack.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\multi-mission-pack.vp' ... 110 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\multi-voice-pack.vp' ... 307 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\Root_fs2.vp' ... 157 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\smarty_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\sparky_fs2.vp' ... 3027 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' ... 1337 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\stu_fs2.vp' ... 2355 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\tango1_fs2.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\tango2_fs2.vp' ... 15 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\tango3_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Freespace\warble_fs2.vp' ... 52 files
Found 38 roots and 19601 files.
AutoLang: Language auto-detection successful...
Setting language to English
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-lcl.tbm' ...
Initializing OpenAL...
  OpenAL Vendor     : Creative Labs Inc.
  OpenAL Renderer   : Software
  OpenAL Version    : 1.1

Found extension "AL_EXT_float32".
  Found extension "ALC_EXT_EFX".

Sample rate: 44100 (44100)
  EFX enabled: NO
  Playback device: Speaker/HP (Realtek High Definition Audio)
  Capture device: Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)
... OpenAL successfully initialized!
Initializing OpenGL graphics device at 1366x768 with 32-bit color...
  Initializing WGL...
  Requested WGL Video values = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 24, stencil: 8, double-buffer: 1
  Actual WGL Video values    = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 24, stencil: 8, double-buffer: 1
  OpenGL Vendor    : ATI Technologies Inc.
  OpenGL Renderer  : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
  OpenGL Version   : 3.3.11631 Compatibility Profile Context

Using extension "GL_EXT_fog_coord".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_multitexture".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_add".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_compression".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_combine".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_draw_range_elements".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_framebuffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_rectangle".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_bgra".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_cube_map".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_point_sprite".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shading_language_100".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_objects".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_fragment_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_float".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex".
  Found special extension function "wglSwapIntervalEXT".

Compiling new shader:
   Loading built-in default shader for: soft-v.sdr
   Loading built-in default shader for: soft-f.sdr
Shader features:
   Depth-blended Particles
Compiling new shader:
   Loading built-in default shader for: soft-v.sdr
   Loading built-in default shader for: soft-f.sdr
Shader features:
   Distorted Particles

Compiling post-processing shader 1 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: post-v.sdr
   Loading built-in default shader for: post-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 2 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: blur-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 3 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: blur-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 4 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: brightpass-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 5 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: fxaa-v.sdr
   Loading built-in default shader for: fxaa-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 6 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: fxaapre-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 7 ...
   Loading built-in default shader for: ls-f.sdr

Max texture units: 8 (16)
  Max elements vertices: 2147483647
  Max elements indices: 16777215
  Max texture size: 8192x8192
  Max render buffer size: 8192x8192
  Can use compressed textures: YES
  Texture compression available: YES
  Post-processing enabled: YES
  Using trilinear texture filter.
  OpenGL Shader Version: 3.30
... OpenGL init is complete!
Size of bitmap info = 742 KB
Size of bitmap extra info = 48 bytes
ANI cursorweb with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
GRAPHICS: Initializing default colors...
Game Settings Table: Using Standard Loops For SEXP Arguments
Game Settings Table: Using standard event chaining behavior
Game Settings Table: External shaders are DISABLED
SCRIPTING: Beginning initialization sequence...
SCRIPTING: Beginning Lua initialization...
LUA: Opening LUA state...
LUA: Initializing base Lua libraries...
LUA: Beginning ADE initialization
ADE: Initializing enumeration constants...
ADE: Assigning Lua session...
SCRIPTING: Beginning main hook parse sequence....
Wokka!  Error opening file (scripting.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'scripting.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_flak-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_dbrs-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_exp-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-turretHotkey-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-trigger-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-tcard-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-stupid-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-equip-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-debrisgrav-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-csc-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-betty-sct.tbm' ...
SCRIPTING: Inititialization complete.
SCRIPTING: Splash screen overrides checked
SCRIPTING: Splash hook has been run
SCRIPTING: Splash screen conditional hook has been run
Using high memory settings...
Wokka!  Error opening file (interface.tbl)!
WMCGUI: Unable to parse 'interface.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-sdf.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp-sdf.tbm' ...
Dutifully ignoring the extra sound values for retail sound 36, 'l_hit.wav'...
Dutifully ignoring the extra sound values for retail sound 37, 'm_hit.wav'...
Windows reported 16 joysticks, we found 0
Current soundtrack set to -1 in event_music_reset_choices
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_music-mus.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp-mus.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-mus.tbm' ...
TABLES => Starting parse of 'colors.tbl'...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-mfl.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp-mfl.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-mfl.tbm' ...
Wokka!  Error opening file (armor.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'armor.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-amr.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-amr.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp-aip.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-aip.tbm' ...
Warning: "$perform less checks for death screams" flag is deprecated in favor of "$perform fewer checks for death screams"
Warning: "$allow primary link delay" flag is deprecated in favor of "$allow primary link at mission start"
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-wxp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp-wxp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-wxp.tbm' ...
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp20.eff) with 75 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (ExpMissileHit1.eff) with 92 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp04.eff) with 49 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp05.eff) with 93 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp06.eff) with 92 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (capflash.eff) with 40 frames at 10 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Maxim_Impact.eff) with 23 frames at 30 fps.
ANI Lamprey_Impact with size 80x80 (37.5% wasted)
BMPMAN: Found EFF (explo3.eff) with 48 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (HFlakExp.eff) with 48 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp06b.eff) with 92 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (bomb_flare.eff) with 69 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp50.eff) with 92 frames at 30 fps.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_assets-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-wep.tbm' ...
Ignoring free flight speed for weapon 'Trebuchet#Aegis'
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-obt.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-obt.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'Sobek-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'Rak-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'Sekhmet-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'Sath-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'radar-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'NewSeth-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_assets-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mentu-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'Ma'at-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'boa-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'artemistest-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'Arcadia-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp-shp.tbm' ...
bp-shp.tbm(line 222): Error: Required token = [#End], [$Subsystem:], [$Name], or [$Template], found [$Glowpoint overrides: ( "red_glow_10:1,2" )].

ERROR: bp-shp.tbm(line 222):
Error: Required token = [#End], [$Subsystem:], [$Name], or [$Template], found [$Glowpoint overrides: ( "red_glow_10:1,2" )].

File: parselo.cpp
Line: 336
Freeing all existing models...

Any tips? Thanks.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
You might be using the compatibility build executable without the compatibility build VPs?  i.e. the exec is finding entries in the ships table (i.e. glowpoint stuff) that it doesn't know how to deal with.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Kolgena

Haha, headdesk. I'll report back when I install that part.

At first the error seemed similar to http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=83720.0, since the popup and black screen crash was exactly what I was getting, but I popped the original deferred rendering build in and the game works fine.

It may be useful to update the OP stating that the .7z contains VPs. I thought from the wording that it was a link containing a bunch of builds in one package and ignored it.

Edit: things run great when I installed the VPs.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:10:24 pm by Kolgena »