Author Topic: WayPoints  (Read 1207 times)

Offline CenturionModel0005

• Original Centurion
Waypoints:  :mad:

Hi Can someone Please explain a little better How Waypoints are placed and then used in FRED I can get the Waypoint Editor open but It will not allow me to add any text to name it so I am guessing That is not the right way
How do I get ship a to move to a place in the sector. I have tried to find the answer but cant find anything that really explains how you go about placing the lines I see in other missions or setting them up.
any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

In order to add a waypoint to an existing path, you must select it before placing another point, otherwise FRED's going to create a whole new path. Same thing with the waypoint editor: you need to have a waypoint selected in order to be able to edit its name.

To order ships to follow waypoint, you give them waypoints or waypoints-once orders either as initial orders (ships editor) or via SEXP (event editor).

EDIT - Since 3.6.16, you can also move waypoints around during the mission itself by using the set-object-position SEXP. It's very useful if you want your capship to have semi-dynamic behavior, but it's a bit tricky to do, so I'd recommend getting more used to FRED before doing that.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 08:27:38 am by X3N0-Life-Form »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
To be totally clear, waypoints are in the drop-down ships list up at the top of the GUI, and you place them with ctrl-click like any other ship.

Offline CenturionModel0005

• Original Centurion
Great Information Many thanks for all the Input   :cool: