Author Topic: [RELEASE] - Comet Class Supply Depot  (Read 5831 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
[RELEASE] - Comet Class Supply Depot
Apologies for the reused pics from CoFS - if you haven't seen them yet, then here are some brand new pictures!

Developed after the Great War, and continuously upgraded in the years that followed, the Comet class supply depot is a modern, highly efficient small station, utilised by both the GTVA and civilian organisations for the administration and protection of cargo depots, or as centres for commerce and trade.  Although not itself armed, the Comet's sophisticated network of sensors and communications allow it to integrate with and significantly enhance the defensive capabilities of the sentry cannon webs that are generally deployed with the station.

Designed with modularity and customisation in mind, the Comet is often altered to enhance it cargo storage or other capabilities. Common additions include cargo pads, additional storage facilities for atypical cargoes or additional habitable space. Further to this, the GTVA have designed a variant with its own onboard weapons systems, for use in more volatile systems, however these are not presently available to the civilian market.

[ [ [ DOWNLOAD ] ] ]
HERE | Wiki

First things first, credits for this beauty are myself for the modelling and conversion, and mjn.mixael for the textures. He did a bloody lovely job, and I can't thank him enough. His volunteering to texture it is also the reason that this didn't get made TI exclusive, so you should thank him too! :p

So, with that out of the way, meet the comet class! It's another tiny installation, just a few decks, really, but with lots of additional space for cargo storage - by default, 6 TAC-1s and a TGas-1 (it's there, just hard to spot). With the modular construction kit additions in the second page, that storage capacity goes way up. I had planned on adding more docks for more kit pieces, but there wasn't anywhere immediately obvious to add addons, and I'm very lazy. So pads it is!

The default variant is unarmed, but there's a version with three turrets included in the download. That fighterbay down the bottom is designed only to work with my Mercury class shuttle - it's probably too small for proper fighters, but you'll have to test that for your own mods as you use it.

This is the third of four planned small Terran stations from me - I'm actually looking forward to finishing the other one so I can put these behind me. :) But for now, I hope you like it and get good use out of it.

So, thoughts? Opinions? Gushing praise? Spewing hatred?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 08:45:28 am by Black Wolf »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Darius

Re: [RELEASE] - Comet Class Supply Depot
No more excuse for terrans and vasudans leaving their containers floating in space all untidily!

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Terrans certainly, althouhg I don't see this as killing off the classic FreeSpace Pile o' Containers type depot, just supplementing it occasionally. Someone with more skill than I will have to sort out the Zods though.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yay!

Side note: I would have kept the radar on detail1 since that's what will be in the target box and the radar is a bit noticeable. I meant to tell you that, buuuut I forgot. Oh well.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
That, or set targetbox LOD to 0.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Targetbox being lod0 for anything larger than a fighter is wasted cpu cycles.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

This supply depot be legendary  :yes: Great job, black and mjn
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Damn I just saw this in the freespace celebration topic, and i was wondering, when he was going to release it, haha that was quick. I needed a better installation for my mod, thanks for the release guys.  :yes:

Sweet, I certainly could use a proper supply depot. Thank you, installation master :)

This model is grate I can't wait to us it in a mod.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Yay!

Side note: I would have kept the radar on detail1 since that's what will be in the target box and the radar is a bit noticeable. I meant to tell you that, buuuut I forgot. Oh well.

Whoops - you're quite right. :| Oh well, it's a very easy fix - the subobject can be duplicated into LoD1 with very little effort in PCS2.

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback by the way - if people like it, then hopefully it'll get plenty of use. :)
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
It's beautiful.  A very worthwhile effort.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Black Wolf&mjn.mixael
You are both very cool people and I wish to subscribe to your news letters.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Excellent work as always, BW, all these new stations really help to create the kind of thing that I'm looking to achieve. The Constellation joins the rest of your works in my modpack for use. Keep up the good work :D
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Cyborg17

Hey!  I would love to use this model.  I even have a specific purpose in mind.  But the download link is broken.  :(

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I'm away from my computer at the moment, if nobody else can mirror this for you, I'll upload it to mediafire when I get home.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Rheyah

• Will release something one day. Promise.
I think this will work.  It is the armed version and it has my modified tables in it (I haven't used the standard weapons for a long time) but it should work and be complete.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4h61wlulf6ta2ni/CometArmed.rar?dl=0

Offline Cyborg17

Thanks

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I've updated the first post and wiki page with a mediafire download link.
Rarely Updated P3D.