Author Topic: Vanishing ads  (Read 2517 times)

Uh, also... is anyone else not seeing ads anymore? I haven't seen any for a while (weeks? months?) now, not on Chromium nor on Firefox. I don't have any ad- or script blocker installed, and am getting plenty of ads on other websites.

Y'know, it's not that I like ads, but I understand that they're the main source of revenue to pay for HLP's hosting...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Hmm, you're right, I don't think I've seen them for ages either.  As far as I know I haven't touched anything with AdBlock.

I didn't even notice until you said anything, but yeah, nothing here either.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
same here, I have adblock plus installed but the site is on my white list so I should get ads but I dont
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Oh yeah ... where did they go?

* Androgeos Exeunt double-checks that ABP for Chrome has green-thumbed HLP.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Kinda weird... During page load, I can see it "Transferring data from googleads.doubleclick.net" (or smth), but no ads show up anywhere.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I recalled I once got an email from MatthewPapa concerning ads. I ignored that email since it was not my concern.

This email was received on 11/26/12 and contained a message from Google stating "This message is to alert you that one of your websites is not currently in compliance with our AdSense program policies and as a result, ad serving has been disabled to your website."

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Hmm. That was sent about nine days after HLP's massive downtime. Any relation?
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

I recalled I once got an email from MatthewPapa concerning ads. I ignored that email since it was not my concern.

This email was received on 11/26/12 and contained a message from Google stating "This message is to alert you that one of your websites is not currently in compliance with our AdSense program policies and as a result, ad serving has been disabled to your website."
So that's about three months now, or about 25% of HLP's yearly ad revenue? :blah:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
There's no danger of HLP running out of funds in the short or even medium term.  The funding and hosting situation is well under control, but the ads have indeed been suspended for the time being.  We're not sure why, and we're discussing it on the admin forum.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
How much does it cost to keep HLP on the net anyway?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
So as of now there is still an unclickable space where the ads used to be. What happened did a Nigerian prince make a donation?

* yuezhi runs from hammer
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I haven't seen ads for a few months, actually, although that's probably because I've been jumping from web browser to web browser...
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
*Minibump*

Until the ad situation is resolved, what do people think of placing a donation button where they used to be? Like Goob said, there's no danger of running out of funds anytime soon, so it's not urgent or anything... just a question. :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Sure can't hurt.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
That would make it easier to redirect the various "I'd like to donate money to mod X" that pop up from time to time.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I'm cool with that, which reminds me I think need to set my rolling donation back up again
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
It seems...a little tacky, maybe? Perhaps something subtler, especially if the current arrangement is apparently working well enough that we're not desperate.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp