Author Topic: Shivans vs Reapers (mass effect)  (Read 11197 times)

Offline Luis Dias

Re: Shivans vs Reapers (mass effect)
Alpha 1 was just testing them out. "meh" he concluded, "not half bad".

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
The Cardassians, of course

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
We lose, because we get involved in a cross-universe fight discussion

QFT.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Luis Dias

Herpes Wins! Flawless victory.

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Well according to the games Shivans have firepower in the gigaton level while Reapers are in the kiloton level...obvious victor is obvious.

but, Shivan vs Reaper? Been there done that :P http://imageshack.us/f/825/ss00018.jpg/

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Well according to the games Shivans have firepower in the gigaton level while Reapers are in the kiloton level...obvious victor is obvious.

but, Shivan vs Reaper? Been there done that :P http://imageshack.us/f/825/ss00018.jpg/

you said gigaton

Offline Luis Dias

He meant Megatron. Unicron would fart the **** out of these puny creatures.

BP Shivans win handily; they're god-killers, after all. Canon-restricted Shivans, there's next to no information to work with above maybe fleet level, which means the discussion just turns into numberwank from condescending wannabe physicists (cf. all of these discussions).
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Shivans hands down, as they have beams! Reapers don't if you read the Codex's Reaper weapons arent actually beam weapons, also their weapon ranges don't seem the be that far. As other people have said Reapers need to land on planets to harvest, shivans just blast them from orbit. Then Shivans wipe out the borg!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

that's numberwank! no but seriously thinking of this in terms of direct ship-to-ship combat is boring, hackneyed and ends up wasting everyone's time and attention on a dumb non-discussion
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline wistler

A dumb discussion everybody can't help but post on, because deep down we all love a good vs. debate  ;7

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
 All the people who post in this thread lose. gg no re. Yes, that includes me :b

Offline wistler

you said gigaton

ha, this is bringing back bad memories of the SpaceBattles forum I used to go on in college.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Nagari vs. Indoctrination go
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline An4ximandros

"I don't mean the Systems Alliance, Mister Shepard. I mean you. Surely you have seen what will happen if you fail..."

"The survival of the human race is utterly contingent upon your ability to do one simple thing."

"You must destroy the Citadel Council."

*Joy +999*

Coolness:

Nagari: 999
 Ghost Kid Overlord: 5

Offline Gray113

• There comes a time when the odds are against you,
Catalyst vs Shambhala go

Offline Luis Dias

Nagari seems to be less haphardous than Indoc to the subject, if he doesn't dwell too far out. And it doesn't rely on quantum entanglement for its job, so for that alone, it is a clear winner.

Don't forget, next up is Bosch vs TIM.

Offline Gray113

• There comes a time when the odds are against you,
Just to bad alpha 1 didn't have a "romance option" involving choosing between banging their wingman or some hot vasudan that they rescued  ;7

Offline An4ximandros

Yep.