Author Topic: Star Conflict  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
Quite a fun game F2p Arcade type shooting game, really fun

http://star-conflict.com/
I hate My signature!

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
been playing almost daily a few rounds at night after work.

A ton of fun, with all the explotions and speed and burning debris and giant rocks... and in space! :yes:
el hombre vicio...

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Having some fun with this also. Still having trouble getting used to the controls though, so I'm getting blown to bits a lot. :p

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I'll pass on a piece of advice that might help you.

1 vs 0 = no problem there.

1 vs 1 = ok.

1 vs anything else != not in this lifetime.

edit: also, going in second or third when attacking gives you a little edge.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Yeah, I kinda caught on after rushing into the fray and dying for the nth time. Frigates seem abnormally hard to use though.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
WoT in space?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
iv only been playing T1 with maxed ship empire seemes best..... the ROF boost skill makes your plasma cannons instagib anything. all MK3 gear and you can go 1v2 or 3 quite easy unless theyr maxed aswell.
I hate My signature!

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
WoT in space?
Has its similarities. I definitely like how matches are done so far though. You only get matched with ships of similar capabilities as far as I can tell. No tier 6 tanks getting raped by tier 9 like in WoT.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
WoT in space?
Has its similarities. I definitely like how matches are done so far though. You only get matched with ships of similar capabilities as far as I can tell. No tier 6 tanks getting raped by tier 9 like in WoT.

Wait till you get higher ranks, then the matching system starts to havoc, on the early days it was even worst.
I once fought an entire squad of T1's, my team was full of T3's, only 1 T3 on the other rookies team.
Didn't want to persue the other guys at the end of the match so they could get some breathing air.

it was a MASSACRE.

but it adds a certain fun to the game, that thrill before battle... waiting to see if you're gonna have a chance to win, or get your ass handed back to you.

edit: Also, it fu***ng sucks being the captain.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Patriot

played this in beta, didn't like it much back then, save for the fact that the russian audio was cool(no english audio yet back then)

Started back up again the other day, did some of those mission-type games, looks like they polished the flight bit a little(was good before, no doubt) so it's awesome now. Just bought the fighters of the Federation and Jericho factions(oddly got Empire start, even though i'm sure i clicked Federation)

Anywho, HerrFlex be my name in-game, not sure if there's 1 server or more, though :/

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Just one server for what I could see.
el hombre vicio...

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
This is doing the same thing that MechWarrior Online is doing, releasing the core mechanics before the supporting mechanics.  I found that it got pretty stale after a few hours, with nothing to really shoot for.  Plus, the PUGs are terrible.

I don't know how they're planning to implement the 'MMO' side of it, but the success of the game entirely depends on that.

--

Am I the only one that thinks Basic Combat mode is incredibly, downright better (and slightly harder to control) than Expert Combat mode?  I kind of feel like they got the names mixed up.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
It is rather fun indeed. But after WoT I'd prefer it to have more missions I can take with friends, instead of playing with random people.
The good thing is that the missions give quite a nice amount of money and experience. Not as much as PvP rounds though... which is a downside, but understandable I guess.
Habeeb it...