OK, some initial thoughts after a few missions:
* The backgrounds look great, and a lot of the background bitmaps seem to be either all-new or at least unfamiliar to me.
* Mission difficulty seems highly variable--there doesn't seem to be a real difficulty curve but a wild pendulum swing between way too hard (the cruiser escort), way too easy (the one with the pirate corvette and cruiser--how did these losers manage to capture a jump node?), and about right (Game of Pretenses). Game of Pretenses is the best mission so far, and is quite exciting to play.
* The Funeral missile certainly earns its name all right--wow!
* Actually seeing enemies retreat instead of march senselessly to their doom is a nice touch but often it seems the attacks that they actually go through with to the end are the most futile ones of all--two Leviathans attacking what seems to be a seriously up-gunned Hecate is anything but a fair fight.
* The writing has serious problems in not only grammar and spelling (Istanbul and Obadiah come to mind first--not to mention Obadiah is a given name and not a surname--but I saw a couple others but can't remember them off the top of my head) but clarity, characterization, and (ab)use of idioms. You really should have hired a native speaker to look at and edit the writing to bring it up to snuff. The story seems fine but it's let down by the presentation.
* The cutscenes are long, numerous, and frankly boring. Looking at an Argo sloooooowly cruise over towards a Trashman liner is actually more dull than reading about it in the fiction viewer. If I read it I can actually know what the characters are doing aboard the ship, have some actual setting and atmosphere (rather than "slow moving Argo"), and have an opportunity to learn about the characters in a way that FRED dialogue over a cutscene can't really compare to (see below).
* Speaking of characterization, the story has given very little insight so far (so far being immediately after "Game of Pretenses") into Lt. Miles, his motivations, and his personality. If I've played as him for several missions but still don't know him at all that is kind of a problem.