Author Topic: Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void Info released  (Read 11632 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void Info released
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Actually, lets go even further down that path.

"Hey babe, I heard you are in need of additional pylons. Let me show you mine."
"Oh my, I see the Carrier has arrived. Allow me to dock my interceptor."
"Heya, allow me to be your Stalker"
"So hey, wanna form an Archon with me?"
"Wanna see where I keep my third psi blade?"
"Hellooo there, wanna come to my robotics facility? I'll show you my Colossus. No, you don't have to worry about that Observer, it's not like I'll put this onto the warp for all to see or anything."

I regret nothing

Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
She's even got a wee belly button :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=haCzrILCWHI#t=113s

While I'm probably giving Blizzard too much credit, as a captive they probably would have stripped the prisoner of her armor and gear.  Though I admit they probably did it so she would look more attractive and Spoon would want to hit it.  Course, let me guess they probably threw cannon anatomical fluff about Protoss out the window as well?
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Though I admit they probably did it so she would look more attractive and Spoon would want to Spoon it.  Course, let me guess they probably threw cannon anatomical fluff about Protoss out the window as well?
Fixed.  ;)

Ahem. watching the videos, am I the only one who's reminded of the Ur-Quan from the science bug? He sounds like a deeper green one to me. Maybe I should just go to bed...

Aside, holy crap. HotS is bad. I wounder how much worse they can make the story?

If they're openly admitting to using 300 as a source of inspiration for their plot, a lot, lot worse.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Aside, holy crap. HotS is bad. I wounder how much worse they can make the story?

They showed you in WoL ... the whole 300 moment is acutally there already ...

EDIT: Post number 1500 (I'm here far too often)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 03:55:47 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
If they make it bad enough, it'll be worth buying for the potential humor.

I'd say wait for the memesplosion, but that only happens with good enjoyable games. :lol:
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Am I the only one who thinks using 300 for inspiration would be an improvement?

and I don't mean cause of the oiled up man boobs. Mostly.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline An4ximandros

Tonight, we dine... in the void!

Offline Luis Dias

Worrying about Starcraft's story is like worrying about Command n Conquer's story.

Offline An4ximandros

It's disappointing when any franchise violates it's own continuity and does not even bother to explain it.
 And then there's choosing 300 as a quality standard...

At least LoV will be nice Youtube movie to keep me entertained on a slow day.

What i don't get is a number of the random in-universe books were actually *good*. Why u no fire your writing stuff and get the book writers to do the story instead? *rams head against wall repeatedly*

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
What i don't get is a number of the random in-universe books were actually *good*. Why u no fire your writing stuff and get the book writers to do the story instead? *rams head against wall repeatedly*
Could ask Bungie the same thing when making Reach, actually
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline 0rph3u5

And then there's choosing 300 as a quality standard...

I did he see the same interview? - He never talked about quality standard, it was an analogy to how the story will work out (I still think its going to be the "All Protoss die"-mission from WoL all over again but with Kerrigan swooping in the save the day at the end) ... nowhere nothing was said about no quality standard (and I rather think Blizzard stopped having those after WoW)

Worrying about Starcraft's story is like worrying about Command n Conquer's story.

EDIT2: If you are pointing out that the good of both IPs was there gameplay and the story just the glue for gameplay sequences, than a) point taken and b) that's so your opinion

I going to paint me as a target now ... but the C&C Tiberium story never ever was that badly narrated as StarCraft II comes along ...
There were some akward moments when things suddenly got away from what was previously established without as much as warning (the Tacitus, the Scryn, Kane working with the GDI) but never ever was the story truely inconsistant with itself, the red tape is always there (it made leaps and esspecially Tiberian Twilight throws a lot of things overboard we would have expected, but there is always a reason for that to be found)

EDIT: a lot of blame can be placed on Tiberium Twilight because they pressed just too much **** into it, espeically that the change in gameplay does make sense in the grand sceme of the Tiberium story but it is never really pointed out ("there is no longer any basebuilding" "why?" "cause our planet was practically no longer habitable") and screws up the perception on what is going on here.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 03:34:08 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline wistler

Im looking to buy WOL, if the storylines poo is the gameplay at least good? I don't remember the storyline of SC1 being all that great.

Offline 0rph3u5

Im looking to buy WOL, if the storylines poo is the gameplay at least good? I don't remember the storyline of SC1 being all that great.

The gameplay is the same as StarCraft except for a few unit swaps/new units (acutally in the campaign you get almost all SC1 (the Valkyire is absent, and you can choose wheter or not to have Ghosts/Science Vessels) units plus some new ones)

(and on a side note the only thing screwing up the story are the Protoss mini arc (which is a detour into fanatasy), the inconsistant presentation of Raynor and that for everyone but the Protoss Brood War appearently neven happened)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 06:17:58 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline Luis Dias

EDIT2: If you are pointing out that the good of both IPs was there gameplay and the story just the glue for gameplay sequences, than a) point taken and b) that's so your opinion

I find your lack of faith in C&C's lore disturbing!

I didn't say there is no "lore", I say it's the same kind of lore, deserving the same kind of respect. If that **** rocks your boat...

Offline 0rph3u5

I find your lack of faith in C&C's lore disturbing!

Where did I say that I never cared about the story/lore of C&C (Tiberium I mean by that, always; Red Alert is another story, Generals is just plain **** unworthy of reckongition for anything)? - I mearly interpreted your statement as "come on, stop worrying about it 'cause story isn't why we play this", a statement which I disagree with.

I liked and cared about the story of C&C Tiberium and despite some "jumps" from Wars to Twilight it really got a better treatment than what Blizzard has done moving on from SC & BW to SC2 withto their own IP...

EDIT: To further my point:
Spoiler:
Exhibit a:
Everything Kane does from Tiberian Sun to Wars to Twilight (even covering all of Earth with f*cking poisious Tiberium for the Nod Ending of Sun) follows a certain logic if you go from the end of Twilight: Kane wants to get off Earth (to parts unknown) and the obviously the easiest way to do that is a Scyrn Tower which needs to be powered with huge quanteties of Tiberium, so he creates a cult worshiping Tiberium, so inhibiting the GDI's efforts to contain the Tiberium outbreak, he steals the Tacitus (a Scyrn libarty with all information about the Scyrn and Tiberium as it appears at the end of Kane's Wrath) from a crashed Scyrn ship, creates a giant Tiberium bomb that would create a sort of signal fire for the Scyrn, arragnes for the GDI to detonate it, and than captues one of the Scyrn Towers. Later he goes to the GDI to make a joint operation happen that will clear Earth of the Tiberium and power the Tower, so Kane can get the hell of Earth.
There is a consitency and logic to it. EVEN AT THE POINT WHERE PEOPLE USUALLY SAY EA SCREWD UP THE FRANCISE! SO DON'T TELL ME EA F*CKED UP C&C TIBERIUM!

Exhibit b:
Raynor in SC joins up with the Sons of Korhal because the Confederacy is more interested with turning the Zerg into weapon that saving their people. Seeing Mensk doing the same Raynor leaves. He later joins up with Tassadar and Fenix to destroy the Overmind and thus save humanity because the protoss can just do that thanks to Zeratul. In Brood War he saves Mensk from UED because Mensk is the best shot to ralley humanity against another oppressive regime that would turn the Zerg into a bioweapon. He even colloborates with Kerrigan because that way the UED will not have the Zerg was their weapon.
In SC2:WoL Raynor begins as scarred but determined to fight Mensk and finally settle the old score with him. But suddenly along comes the Queen of Blades at the head of invasion force and Raynor, well knowning who that is, what she has done, looses his sh*t. And then comes Zeratul telling him in a round-about fashion "do kill Kerrigan" with nothing but "yeah, we will all die because I read it on a tablet in an ancient temple unless you spare Kerrigan". And then comes the whole "I give you the chance to make Kerrigan human again"-thing and Raynor obviously forgets who the Queen of Blades is/what she has done/etc etc pp and just thinks about humping Kerrigan again.
HotS puts a bit of logic back into him by following the lovestory pattern established at the end of WoL but again cares nothing for connecting back to SC or BW but in shout-out "you killed my friend" without any strings attached.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 07:52:48 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

The gameplay is the same as StarCraft except for a few unit swaps/new units (acutally in the campaign you get almost all SC1 (the Valkyire is absent, and you can choose wheter or not to have Ghosts/Science Vessels) units plus some new ones)

(and on a side note the only thing screwing up the story are the Protoss mini arc (which is a detour into fanatasy), the inconsistant presentation of Raynor and that for everyone but the Protoss Brood War appearently neven happened)

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/188789447
"No"