Author Topic: Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void Info released  (Read 11631 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void Info released
Well not suprising that Blizzard have released info on the final part of the Starcraft 2 trilogy. Chris Metzen has likened the story to that of the film 300, with a small force engaging a much more powerful one in a desperate last stand. The storyline will conclude the StarCraft II trilogy.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Starcraft-2-Legacy-of-the-Void-Is-Similar-to-300-Says-Game-Director-338269.shtml

As the title suggests the focus will be on zeratul and the protoss holding the line against the coming darkness, but will also feature Raynor, Kerrigan and Valerian Mengsk.

Blizzard has also said that it hopes to get the third part out quicker as they aren't planning to add new units to multiplayer, but new units will be added to the singleplayer campaign. They have also hinted at, as with HotS adding the abliltiy to make the high quality ingame cinematics in the editor, LoftV will add a proper campaign feature to allow players to make their own campaigns(they should of done this with WoL).

I know people didn't like any of SC2, but i have loved it and i honestly can't wait for the final part to come out.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Re: Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void Info released
Chris Metzen has likened the story to that of the film 300

:banghead:

Ignore me, the rage will pass, and discussing the why will not bring anyone closer to becoming The Transcendent.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Chris Metzen has likened the story to that of the film 300

That's not as bad as the Empire Strikes Back comparison ...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Ignore me, the rage will pass, and discussing the why will not bring anyone closer to becoming The Transcendent.

But it might help you ascend to the Invisible Clergy as The Critic Martyr.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Your anger will certainly guide others to you though... :warp:

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Out of genuine curiosity though, who here is actually considering the purchase of this game and why do they?

A Feddie Story

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I'll probably get it after I eventually get HotS. I wanna hear the rest of the story. Screw you literary types.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I'll probably get it after I eventually get HotS. I wanna hear the rest of the story. Screw you literary types.

It doesn't so much take a 'literary type' to feel physical pain at the writing in HotS as it does a 'literate type'

e: You can hear the rest of the story by playing Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Ahahaha the design for female Protoss is 'bare midriff'

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

Now hold up, that's been Protoss design in general since the first concept designs for the Zealot hit back in the days of developing the first game. Be that fair at least.

A Feddie Story

Out of genuine curiosity though, who here is actually considering the purchase of this game and why do they?

My kids like playing it, and being the internet-savvy spawn they are, they already know it is being made, so I either buy it, or listen to them whine about it for weeks. Plus, it can't be any worse than HotS, and I spent money on that ****. 
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

I like the gameplay so I'll eventually pick up them both up down the line. I don't find the story deplorable to the point it's not worth getting the game for either.
"No"

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.

I will get but either not at launch or without paying anything for it (that is not saying I'm going to pirate it; it's a "vitamin c"-thing ;) )
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations

I will, for 2 reasons. First of i have SC1, Brood war, WoL and HotS i want to see how the story end and i am a completionist. Second i am a Starcraft fan, i love the SC universe and lore. I know WoL and HotS storylines, are hollywood cheesy but i like them, But the missions themselves are well varied, its not just always build a base and destroy the enemy base like other strategy games. Also people have complained that its still old school, well i like old school, i would rather play original Doom over Call of Duty any day. So even if its bad i will still get it to complete the story. I did the same with Deadspace, 1 absolute classic, 2 not as good as one lost some of the horror. 3 just an average shooter with no horror and an ending that makes ME3 ending a masterpiece. I still got them though as i wanted to see the story through and its the samething with starcraft except i have enjoyed WoL and HotS. if that makes any kind of sense.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ

Now hold up, that's been Protoss design in general since the first concept designs for the Zealot hit back in the days of developing the first game. Be that fair at least.
http://images.wikia.com/starcraft/images/5/52/Zealot_SC1_Art1.jpg
What NGTM-1R said.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

What NGTM-1R said.

That guy doesn't even have a midriff, it is not particularly the same

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

What NGTM-1R said.

That guy doesn't even have a midriff, it is not particularly the same

Do you have a link to the aforementioned female Protoss? 
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I still have to wait for HotS to go on sale for a ridiculously cheap price.  Mostly because I enjoy the SP gameplay and I'd like to see firsthand how badly Blizzard has ****ed up the story.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I still have to wait for HotS to go on sale for a ridiculously cheap price.  Mostly because I enjoy the SP gameplay and I'd like to see firsthand how badly Blizzard has ****ed up the story.

You're tearing me apart Darlin'!!
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”