Author Topic: Gamersgate - has anyone ever bought anything from there?  (Read 2130 times)

Offline Lorric

Gamersgate - has anyone ever bought anything from there?
The site looks legit enough, and there's something I want to get from there as it's the only place I can find it without having to pay way too much (Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI). I just wonder if anyone's used the site before, and what are their experiences with it? I've wanted to grab the game on and off for years. Initially wanted it on PS2, but no one ever has any PS2 copies at all, so PC it will have to be.

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-ROTTKXI/romance-of-the-three-kingdoms-xi

Also wanted a physical copy rather than a digital one, but they're just too rare and expensive. So digital it is going to have to be, or no game at all.

Looks like there's a demo available to download there too.

Offline Terminator

• Just another guy...
Re: Gamersgate - has anyone ever bought anything from there?
A few years ago I got the original Supreme Commander from there. The service worked fine for me then, not sure about now though.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Got Mass Effect 2 last year. It worked fine, no complaints.

Offline Lorric

Ah, sounds good so far. Thanks.  :)

Anyone else?

I have some titles there, too.

A few weeks ago i buyed Bioshock Infinite for ~35€ there and got three other games free: X-Com Enemy Unknown, Bioshock and Mafia II, i could choose between Mafia II, Civilization V and Bioshock 2.

I do not have any complaints, it is very often, that they have a deal which is cheaper than the same Deal ~1 or 2 weeks on Steam before.

Also i like that they have many titles you will never find on other shops, because they are more than one of the numerous "Key-Shops".
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Got several things from GG over the years.

Good DL speed, good service, good games.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Lorric

I have some titles there, too.

A few weeks ago i buyed Bioshock Infinite for ~35€ there and got three other games free: X-Com Enemy Unknown, Bioshock and Mafia II, i could choose between Mafia II, Civilization V and Bioshock 2.

I do not have any complaints, it is very often, that they have a deal which is cheaper than the same Deal ~1 or 2 weeks on Steam before.

Also i like that they have many titles you will never find on other shops, because they are more than one of the numerous "Key-Shops".

Free games? How do you get free games?

Got several things from GG over the years.

Good DL speed, good service, good games.

This is all sounding very encouraging. I think I'll be getting the game I want then sometime soon.

Yes. they are very nice. They even gave me a new key for Wings of Prey (a game with limited activations per key) when I had ran out of activations. That was really nice of them.

They have my full endorsement.

AFAIK, they are run by Paradox, like GOG is run by Project Red.