Author Topic: GOG.com 50% off Freespace 1 / 2  (Read 2190 times)

Offline wistler

GOG.com 50% off Freespace 1 / 2
If it hasn't already been mentioned before, GOG.com is having a 50% sale off a lot of titles including both Freespace 1 & 2, Fallout 1, 2 & tactics as well as a lot more. Gonna get me some bargains.

P.s. This may belong in the non-freespace forum but I thought there may be a few lurkers who haven't bought FS so it'd be a shame to miss the chance.

Offline Lorric

Re: GOG.com 50% off Freespace 1 / 2
I thought there may be a few lurkers who haven't bought FS so it'd be a shame to miss the chance.

Good idea. New recruits for the all-conquering machine that is HLP!  :lol:

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Buy! Buy! Buy! Hit your wallets, pilots!

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
lol its one of those wish i had the money just to buy it all times
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Lorric

Buy! Buy! Buy! Hit your wallets, pilots!

:lol:

Yay, 11$ for 3 new games. With all the lunches I skipped these past few weeks, I think I can afford it :P

Offline wistler

Yay, 11$ for 3 new games. With all the lunches I skipped these past few weeks, I think I can afford it :P
Whatcha get?

Shogo, Giants:Citizen Kabuto and the old MAX games.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Shogo is a good buy
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Kabuto is a great game. I got it as part of their last offer (I owned it already but my copy is in the UK) and yet had to play it again before trying stuff I've never played before.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
There are a couple other Interplay titles I'd like to pick up at some point (Redneck Rampage for one :D), but I have enough of a backlog on GOG as-is, not to mention Steam.  I completely forgot that I'd already grabbed Die by the Sword at some point in the past.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Do we have any figures on the number of sales?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
If you want a simple ordinal cue you can just look at their front page.

Offline wistler

Im tempted to re-buy all the Fallouts so I don't have to face the horror of finding the discs which are scattered somewhere in my house!

Offline Cyker

Shogo is a good buy

Fear the Squeaky Cat Toy! :D

That is a game that needs an MVP-style makeover tho' - my god it looks ugly now!! :lol:

Kabuto gives me mixed feelings; The beginning part when you're playing the Mechs is absolutely epic. I was pissing myself every cutscene :lol:
The middle part was okay but got a bit tedious, and the last part was just incredibly annoying.

If you like the humour in Kabuto, you'll like Armed and Dangerous too as it's of a similar vein (LAND SHARKS!! XD). I don't think it's on GoG yet tho'.

MDK 1 and 2 are funny but can get frustrating (There is a good reason 3D platform games haven't really gotten anywhere...!)

Has anyone here gotten any of the Fallout games? Do GoG try and fix any of the horrific bugginess that is present in Fallout 1 and 2?

Oh, and if you like point-and-click-esque adventure game stuff, get the tales of monkey island and back to the future games; They're ace :)
(The wallace and gromit one is quite disappointing; Really doesn't do them justice).

Another adventure game I'd also recommend is Jolly Rover; It's not on GoG but you can get it DRM-free from the dev's website (It uses the Humble Bundle infrastructure); It's a lot like Monkey Island, but with... dogs?? :lol:

I'm currently wading through Avadon - It's good but dense; I'm getting to the part of the game where it's becoming a bit of a slog tho'. Deep in conspiracies and intrigue! It's scratching my RPG itch quite well tho' while I wait for the Torment game to appear :)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Kabuto gives me mixed feelings; The beginning part when you're playing the Mechs is absolutely epic. I was pissing myself every cutscene :lol:
The middle part was okay but got a bit tedious, and the last part was just incredibly annoying.

I found the last part somewhat less annoying but I agree that Kabuto was at its best when you played as the Mechs.

If you like the humour in Kabuto, you'll like Armed and Dangerous too as it's of a similar vein (LAND SHARKS!! XD). I don't think it's on GoG yet tho'.

I love Armed and Dangerous and actually feel that it's a better game than Kabuto, unfortunately I don't think it's as funny.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]