Author Topic: Error with the launcher  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Vastair

Error with the launcher
So I have been trying to get the launcher to work a day now and I cant seem to get there. I get this message "The launcher must be in the same directory as the binary you are tying to use." When trying to pick a build. I looked in your FAQ and it said  to Delete the file "launcher6.ini" from your \freespace2\ folder. However, that file is not there. I am new to installing mods and the instructions are a bit intimidating, but i am pretty sure I have followed the instructions correctly up until this point.

What should I do? Please help quickly.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Error with the launcher
Well.

The Launcher has to be in the same directory as the binary you are trying to use. That means that you need to place the Launcher.exe file in the same directory as the fs2_open executables, which MUST (Not "can" or "should" but MUST) be the same directory where the root_fs2.vp file is located.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Davros

For those using the wxlauncher it installs to \Freespace2\wxlauncher

Offline Davros

Another Error with the launcher (originally posted in diaspora tech help but realised its not a diaspora problem)

first off
i have fs2 installed in f:\games\freespace 2 and the launcher in  f:\games\freespace 2\wxlauncher\bin
and diaspora installed in j:\games\diaspora and the diapora launcher in J:\Games\Diaspora\wxLauncher\bin\

so if I run fs2 by running its launcher everything is fine like so

if i then run diapora it takes on fs2's settings so i have to change them back manually
how diapora looks after running fs2

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

if I then run fs2 it takes on diaporas settings like so

How diapora should look

Looks like the launcher keeps its settings in the registry and it only expects one version of it to be installed