Author Topic: First Contact II game crash  (Read 1134 times)

First Contact II game crash
ok so im playing AoA  and merrily minding my own business, after my Pegasus gets hit with the energy drain from the Unknown cruiser the game goes into one of its cut scenes  half-way through the scene i hear a subspace vortex open and then the game crashed  i ran the debug build through it and heres the fs2 open file

i did flip through the forums looking for a similar problem, didnt see one or possibly passed it without realizing

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: First Contact II game crash
That really shouldn't be causing a crash. Weird. Do you get that same crash every time you run the mission in release?

yea i ran through it in the release build 2 times both times crashed
then ran it through the debug once, where i got the fs2_open.log file from
ran i through the debug again, the problem came up and i clicked no to continue the game played right through 2 more of the errors then the mission ended
it didnt look like there was anything wrong from the gameplay the 3 ships that come in during the cutscene didnt look like Ulysses either 

i can send another fs2_open.log  at a later time im at work atm  and dont have the game on my laptop, but i can send one later sometime after 3:00 US Central time

I ran the game through the debug build again  and the error came up
heres the log

[attachment deleted by ninja]