Author Topic: Let's Play... BattleTech! Rise of the Hard Light Brigade  (Read 62585 times)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Let's Play... BattleTech! Rise of the Hard Light Brigade
After seeing so many fun LPs across HLP in the last couple years, I've been inspired to start my own, playing a game I'm familiar enough with to (hopefully) actually accomplish the task!

For those of you who are unaware, BattleTech is the board/tabletop game that birthed such titles as MechWarrior(Online), MechCommander, and MechAssault.  'Mechs, and the pilots known as MechWarriors, are the kings and queens of the battlefield, blazing death and destruction from multi-ton autocannons and lasers and missile batteries of all sizes.  Vehicles and infantry support these behemoths on their rampages, employed by the monolithic Successor States and their rulers, hellbent on conquering the Inner Sphere to reclaim the glory of the lost Star League.  These men and women of the Successor State armies fight and die for worlds that hold little or no value, only to do it again the next time a lord deems it amusing or beneficial.

However, not all fight for the whims or glory of the House Lords or their nations.  Many see the fires of war and catch the scent not of smoke and death, but of profit.  Mercenaries of every type and description bolster the ranks of the Successor States as they clash.  Some are penniless bands of disenchanted soldiers, no longer willing to pledge allegiance to anything but the next kroner to fall into their pockets.  Others see profit in every twist and dark alley, selling themselves to the highest bidder.  Still others are professional, expert, elite soldiers of fortune that fight with as much (or more!) honor than the House soldier next to them.

That's where you come in.  Fledgling mercenary companies are almost always green and full of old or outdated equipment, compared to their House counterparts.  The challenge lies in building enough connections and respect on the field of battle to triumph despite meager beginnings.

For this LP, I'll be using this nifty set of rules called rather unimaginatively the Against the Bot Campaign Rules, henceforth abbreviated as the "AtB" rules.  The AtB rules use MegaMek and MekHQ to track and manage the campaign.  Under this system (which I will probably be modifying quite heavily as we go), a starting campaign begins with twelve 'Mechs and twelve support personnel, randomly rolled.  The first change I would be more than happy to make is to switch out the twelve 'Mechs for any combination of 'Mechs and vehicles, depending on interest.  If anybody wants to be a vehicle commander, just let me know, and I'll make it happen!  If we run out of spots (unlikely) and have some vehicles open, all vehicle crewmen are available, not just the commanders.  Also available are the starting support personnel, which includes one Admin (sorry, that's mine), one Doctor, and ten Tech crew leaders.  If that's still not enough (again, unlikely), there are plenty of opportunities to pick up more members along the way as the campaign goes on.

For anyone who has never played BattleTech, MechWarrior, etc., I'll try to provide some helpful descriptions on the weapons, 'Mechs, vehicles, and factions encountered during the game as we come across them.

Before I get started setting up the campaign itself (which will have to wait for about a week anyway), I'd like to have a commander picked out (Commanders get a bonus to their starting skills and vehicle) at the very least, and preferably the other two lance leaders.  I've already got one lance leader picked for an RL buddy of mine, but the other is open.  I also haven't decided what time period to set the campaign.  The current options are 3025 (standard, introductory tech), 3040 (improved tech), and 3050 (advanced, Clan tech).

If you're interested, drop a post here, preferably with a desired position and callsign (if different from your handle), and I'll start drafting the roster.

Current roster:

Hard Light Brigade

1st Mixed Company

11th Combat Lance "Daybreakers"
      Major Caden "Easy" Webb, 3/5, Awesome AWS-8Q (The_E)
         Lieutenant Andrew "Duck" Gibbs, 3/4, Grasshopper GHR-5H
         Master Sergeant Anders "Rapier" Bullman, 4/5, Awesome AWS-8Q (Dragon)
         Corporal Jean "Werewolf" Vidal, 4/6, Crab CRB-20 (Spardason21)

12th Scout Lance
      Captain Bowen "Polly" Borham, 2/5, Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Polpolion)
         Corporal Dereje "Esarai" bin Hassan, 6/5, Wasp WSP-1A (Esarai)
         Corporal Ian "Patriot" Fatin, 5/6, Wasp WSP-1A (Patriot)
         Corporal Richard "Night" Adeboro, 5/5, Locust LCT-1V (NGTM-1R)

13th Combat Lance
      Lieutenant Aaron "StarSlayer" Yi, 3/6, Brutus Gunner/Commander (StarSlayer)
            Corporal John "Scourge" Aherne, 3/6, Brutus Gunner (Scourge of Ages)
            Corporal Nancy Ma, 3/6, Brutus Gunner
            Corporal Kevin Huffman, 3/6, Brutus Gunner
            Corporal Cheng-gong Pak, 4/5, Brutus Driver
         Sergeant Allan "Toothless" Moore, 4/5, Vedette Commander/Gunner (Aesaar)
            Corporal Hanlon Turtle, 4/5, Vedette Gunner
            Corporal Monica Nasuton, 4/5, Vedette Gunner
            Corporal Mark "DJ" McMickan, 4/5, Vedette Driver (CommanderDJ)
         Sergeant Cliff "Dire" De, 4/6, Hetzer Gunner/Commander (DireWolf)
            Corporal Corey Lovegrove, 4/6, Hetzer Gunner
            Corporal Donna Lewis, 4/6, Hetzer Driver
         Corporal Esmail "Scorpion" Osmani, 4/6, Hetzer Gunner/Commander (-Joshua-)
            Private Farraj bin Abu Bakr, 4/6, Hetzer Gunner
            Private Christian Pescaru, 4/6, Hetzer Driver
         Corporal Lage "Phantom" Duineveld, 6/5, Shadow Hawk SHD-2H (PhantomHoover)
         Corporal Alan "Mongo" Fisting, 4/6, Vindicator VND-1R (dsockwell)

2nd Aerospace Wing
      Lieutenant Chris "Tophat" Valsan, 5/6, Sparrowhawk SPR-H5 (HerraTohtori)

3rd Jump Infantry Company
      Lieutenant Rostislav "Soos" Kalakay, 1, Jump Infantry
            Corporal Cornelia-Antonia Parent, 3, Jump Infantry
               Private Loren Manstein, 4, Jump Infantry
               Recruit Kamilia Gramm, 5, Jump Infantry
            Corporal Anne-Sophie Qosja, 3, Jump Infantry
               Private James Noussen, 4, Jump Infantry
               Recruit Xiao-yan Nao, 5, Jump Infantry
         Master Sergeant Askari Adel, 2, Jump Infantry
            Corporal Maximo Martinez, 3, Jump Infantry
               Private Phillipe Provost, 4, Jump Infantry
               Recruit Tom Ramirez, 6, Jump Infantry
            Corporal Iwan Snel, 4, Jump Infantry
               Private Bommareddy Tyagri, 4, Jump Infantry
               Recruit Samantha Takeuchi, 5, Jump Infantry
         Senior Sergeant Iman Alatas, 2, Jump Infantry
            Corporal Scott Tann, 3, Jump Infantry
               Private Ajaz Stanisic, 4, Jump Infantry
               Recruit Simi Armstrong, 5, Jump Infantry
            Corporal Anne Ryan, 4, Jump Infantry
               Private Ed Williams, 4, Jump Infantry
               Recruit Carla Duret, 5, Jump Infantry

Unassigned
      Sergeant Dermott "Iron" Carver, 4/6 (IronBeer)
      Corporal Zhong-xian Wang, 4/5

Support Personnel

Captain Stan "Strobe" Roberts, Elite, Admin/Command (Scotty)
      Lieutenant Michelle Lachann, Green, Admin/HR
   Lieutenant Hsin "Deathfun" Bones, Regular, Doctor (deathfun)
   Master Sergeant Robert "Red" Kahiga, Veteran, Mechanic (redsniper)
      Corporal Ryan "Junkpile" Subhi, Regular, Mechanic (oldlaptop)
      Corporal Janne Kalto, Regular, Mechanic
      Private Beverly Luong, Green, Mechanic
      Private Kenzie MacRae, Green, Mechanic
      Private Clarissa Curry, Green, Mechanic
   Master Sergeant Anthony "Mongoose" Sato, Regular, Mech Tech (Mongoose)
      Sergeant Gary "Niffiwan" Reyes, Veteran, Mech Tech (niffiwan)
      Corporal Phil "Carbine" Brinklow, Regular, Mech Tech (Carbine7)
      Corporal Bich Ngo, Regular, Mech Tech
      Corporal Xanthus "Fire Spawn" Kalergi, Regular, Mech Tech (FireSpawn)
      Corporal Waseem bin Usama, Regular, Mech Tech
      Private Juan Ressurreio, Green, Mech Tech
   Master Sergeant Steven Kayneti, Regular, Aero Tech

Killboard
Rapier - 16
Easy - 3
Iron - 3
Duck - 1

In the queue:
IronBeer - Aerospace pilot "Wormwood"
Hobbie - MechWarrior "Hobbie" (conditional, Trebuchet)
that_guy_melvin - MechWarrior "Melvin"
AdmiralRalwood - MechWarrior "Archmage"

Attached to this post is the Against the Bot (AtB) version 2.27 rules, and the most recent save file I have for the Hard Light Brigade, for those of you who want to follow along at home.  Nobody has their biographies yet, but I'll get those in eventually.  Also not included is the group of map seeds I use to make maps for MegaMek.

Commendation list

Blue Light Award for Valor
Master Sergeant Anders “Rapier” Bullman

Yellow Light Award (* indicates award for valor)

Red Light Award (* indicates award for valor)
*Sergeant Dermott "Iron" Carver
*Corporal Zhong-xian Wang
*Corporal Cheng-gong Pak

Distinguished Marksmanship Award
Master Sergeant Anders "Rapier" Bullman

Combat Wound Ribbon (* indicates multiple awards)
Major Caden “Easy” Webb*
Lieutenant Aaron “StarSlayer” Yi
Master Sergeant Anders “Rapier” Bullman
Sergeant Dermott “Iron” Carver
Corporal John "Scourge" Aherne
Corporal Kevin Huffman
Corporal Nancy Ma
Corporal Cheng-gong Pak
Corporal Zhong-xian Wang

Thule Campaign Ribbon
Major Caden "Easy" Webb
Lieutenant Andrew "Duck" Gibbs
Corporal Jean "Werewolf" Vidal

Milos Campaign Ribbon
Major Caden "Easy" Webb
Lieutenant Aaron "StarSlayer" Yi
Sergeant Dermott "Iron" Carver
Corporal Kevin huffman
Corporal Nancy Ma
Corporal Cheng-gong Pak
Corporal Zhong-xian Wang

Long Service Ribbon

Original Member Ribbon
Major Caden "Easy" Webb
Captain Bowen "Polly" Borham
Captain Stan "Strobe" Roberts
Lieutenant Aaron "StarSlayer" Yi
Lieutenant Andrew "Duck" Gibbs
Lieutenant Hsin "Deathfun" Bones
Master Sergeant Robert "Red" Kahiga
Master Sergeant Anthony "Mongoose" Sato
Sergeant Dermott "Iron" Carver
Sergeant Allan "Toothless" Moore
Sergeant Cliff "Dire" De
Corporal Nancy Ma
Corporal Kevin Huffman
Corporal Cheng-gong Pak
Corporal Zhong-xian Wang
Corporal Dereje "Esarai" bin Hassan
Corporal Ian "Patriot" Fatin
Corporal Richard "Night" Adeboro
Corporal Hanlon Turtle
Corporal Monica Nasuton
Corporal Mark "DJ" McMickan
Corporal Corey Lovegrove
Corporal Donna Lewis
Corporal Lage "Phantom" Duineveld
Corporal Ryan Subhi
Corporal Janne Kalto
Corporal Phil Brinklow
Corporal Bich Ngo
Corporal Xanthus "Fire Spawn" Kalergi
Corporal Waseem bin Usama
Private Juan Ressurreio

Legacy Ribbon

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:08:33 pm by Scotty »

Re: Let's Play... BattleTech!
Lance leader please; callsign Werewolf.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Mechwarrior, reporting for duty, SIR! Callsign: Scourge.

Will we get to pick our own mechs, or just positions?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Odds of being able to blow the dust off an old custom design of mine? Probably zero. ****s given? Point one.

TROOPER NIGHT, REPORTING FOR DUTY WITH THE SCOUT LANCE.

(plztobe3040 or 3025, clans are bad for our health, unless it is desired we be there for invasion day, drama is good)
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

I would like 3040 so we have the possibility of advanced technology later on without 3050's large probability of getting wrecked by Clan Omnis.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Will we get to pick our own mechs, or just positions?

For the AtB rules, 'Mechs are randomly rolled and assigned, but I can hold off on picking exactly what pilot gets your name until I figure out what my pool of 'Mechs is.  I'll have a round dozen vehicles, potentially minus one or two (a result of 2 or 3 on 2d6 when rolling weight class results in dispossession), most of which will be Lights and Mediums.  I won't have any control over what exactly those 'Mechs end up being, however.  Additionally, there will likely only be one or two Heavies at most (10 or 11 on 2d6), and an Assault is unlikely (12 on 2d6)

(plztobe3040 or 3025, clans are bad for our health, unless it is desired we be there for invasion day, drama is good)

The "3025" option encompasses anything from right around 2800 to 3025, and in the event of 3050, the campaign will actually start in early 3049 so I don't have to go up against Clans with POS bugs and 6/6 greenies.

Also, keep in mind that, as mercenaries, the likelihood of having good advanced tech without prying your enemies' scorched corpses from the cockpit is rather low.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
All right, lemme at them Vipers/Falcons/whatevers.

A Feddie Story

No, I rather like the idea of looting salvaging all our advanced technology away from the scorched corpses of our defeated enemies.

And if the start is 3049 for that campaign, let's do that instead so we can possibly pillage salvage an Omni of some kind.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Ironically looking at my old design files I only did a couple of Level 1 designs anyways, and one of them has been lost to the mists of time (like my copy of HeavyMetal Pro).

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
As promised, a little bit of background and introduction to the universe before we take the plunge:

Diaspora

That which is now known as the Inner Sphere can trace its roots back to pre-spaceflight Terra with little difficulty.  Beginning with the Second Soviet Civil War, the political climate necessitated more room to expand and escape from the pressures of existing power blocs.  However, prior to FTL travel, colonization was worse than impractical - it was suicide.  The innovations of two now-legendary scientists in the 2100s changed all of that.  Thomas Kearny and _____ Fuchida made the revolutionary breakthrough that allowed vessels equipped with a special kind of drive system the ability to transit instantly between two systems up to 30 light years apart.  The Kearny-Fuchida drive provided the springboard for a huge explosion of colonization.  In a few short years, scores of systems spanning 120 light years appeared on the interstellar map, and humanity began to leave its mark on more than just its homeworld.

Fast forward three hundred years.  A state called the Terran Hegemony controls Terra and many of the worlds around it.  Further colonization, now reaching upwards of 500 light years in any direction from Terra, has resulted in several large, interstellar governments, each vying to control its sector of the Sphere through any means necessary, and to eliminate dangerous competitors.  Among these are the Federated Suns, led by the Great House of Davion; the Draconis Combine, guided in the ways of feudal Japan by House Kurita; the Capellan Confederation, unified in work and spirit by the divine right of House Liao; the Lyran Commonwealth, pressing the Sphere with its economic might under the watchful guidance of House Steiner; and the Free Worlds League, bastion of democracy and liberty kept in check by the troubled rule of House Marik.  Other nations populated the Periphery of the Sphere, most notable among them the powerful Taurian Concordat, the Rim-World Republic, the Outworlds Alliance, the Magistry of Canopus, and the neo-barbaric Marian Hegemony.

These Houses and nations wage war on each other in an almost constate state of conflict, none ever gaining more than a passing advantage on another.  Tanks and aerospace fighters and men fight continually for stability that never comes.  Then, in 2439, the battlefield changes forever.  Engineers in the Terran Hegemony design the very first of the gargantuan beasts that will come to rule the field of combat for centuries to come.  Although primitive by modern standards, the very first BattleMech, the Mackie, crushes everything in its path.  The other nations scramble to implement their own 'Mechs, and by 2455 the 'Mech can be seen in the armed forces of every major state in the Sphere.  The Age of War had begun.

Age of War

Unable or unwilling to conquer each other, the Terran Hegemony and the five largest states closest to Terra formed a mutual alliance in 2570, headed by the ruler of the Terran Hegemony, the Star League.  United under the First Lord of the Star Leage, the house of Cameron, the states demanded that all submit to the new pact.  Unsurprisingly, the Periphery nations refused, triggering a war of a scale never before seen.  The so-called Reunification War lasted twenty years, from 2577 to 2597, and saw the unruly Periphery nations brought into the fold at great cost.

The Star League

For another 150 years, a golden age of peace and prosperity blossomed throughout the Sphere.  Then, in 2766, at the very height of the prosperity, the ruler of the Rim Worlds Republic, Stefan Amaris, murdered the First Lord and launched a bloody coup.  The commander of the Star League Defense Force, General Alexandr Kerensky, refused to accept this false ruler, and launched the bloodiest war then or since.  Eleven years later, with billions dead, Kerenksy finally captured Terra and executed the usurper.  During the conflict, both the Rim Worlds Republic and the Terran Hegemony ceased to exist, torn asunder by the warring sides.  Into the vacuum of power rushed the other states, bickering and arguing for who should have the glory and honor of being the next First Lord.  As weeks turned to months turned to years with no clear successor, a grieving General Kerensky ordered the tattered remains of his SLDF to depart the Inner Sphere for parts unknown in 2784.  Greater than 75% of the surviving SLDF heeded his call and disappeared, never to be seen again.

Paradise Lost

The bickering lords of the surviving nations wasted no time.  The newly christened Successor States immediately savaged each other in conflicts known as the Succession Wars.  The golden age of prosperity was well and truly lost, as dozens of worlds simply ceased to exist under the brilliant fires of nuclear weapons and planetary bombardment.  Billions died in the First Succession War, and billions more in the Second.  By the end of the Second Succession War in 2864, the Inner Sphere was in ruins, a pale, decrepit shadow of its former self.  Gone were the vast divisions of 'Mechs, the pristine legions of military might.  Now all that which could move and shoot was pressed into the service of the House Lords, condition be damned.  Failing, damaged equipment was commonplace, experienced technicians rare.  The powerful advanced weapons, equipment, and armor of the Star League was gone, replaced by only the most basic and sustainable equipment.  Colossal warships, once heralds of Star League power, faded and vanished, one by one.

Through the chaos of the Succession Wars, there was only one constant beacon of preserved enlightenment.  ComStar, the corporation that controlled all interstellar instant communication, declared itself neutral of any conflict, and acted as neutral ground, playing the role of caretakers of Terra, and peaceful communicator.

The clumsy mass bombings of the First and Second Succession Wars eventually brought the House Lords to their sense, far too late.  The Ares Conventions, which banned the use of such weapons, also had the unintended side effect of legalizing warfare as a way to acquire resources and worlds.  The Third Succession War followed in its wake.  More akin to a prolonged session of raid and counter-raid, the Third Succession War lasted until 3025.  Very little territory truly changed hands, and very little progress was truly made as 'Mechs fought until they fell apart, only to be rebuilt again to fight until they fell apart on the field, and on and on until there was nothing left of the noble machine but rubble and shattered dreams.

Stalemate Broken

It was during this time of meaningless conflict that the first upheavals in centuries would arise.  First, arriving from the middle of nowhere in the early 3000s came the mysterious Wolf's Dragoons.  A mercenary unit that put many of the premier, elite line units of the Great Houses to shame, the Dragoons brought with them five gleaming regiments of 'Mechs never before seen in the Inner Sphere, and sold their services immediately to the Federated Suns for a five year contract.  In less than two, the unit had, almost by itself, taken more territory in the name of House Davion than had been taken in 150 years prior.  The mercenary unit gained great fame and prestige in the service of every house that employed it.  In just a few short decades, the Wolf's Dragoons became the most prestigious mercenary unit in the Sphere, to the immense irritation of several other elite commands, such as the Eridani Light Horse or the MacCarron's Armored Cavalry.

The next momentous event to rock the Inner Sphere came in 3028.  Prince Hanse Davion of the Federated Suns and Archon Melissa Steiner of the Lyran Commonwealth announced their wedding, and invited the other House Lords to attend.  At the ceremony, the two formalized the unification of their two realms into one, the Federated Commonwealth.  Simultaneously, the Davion half of the new state launched a massive attack on the Capellan Confederation.  Nearly half of the smaller state was conquered.  At the same time, the Steiner half launched an attack against the neighboring Draconis Combine, though with less spectacular results.  By 3030, the lines had once again stabilized, though now with the gargantuan mass of the Federated Commonwealth occupying over 40% of the Inner Sphere.  The other three Houses scrambled to defend themselves, loosely allying themselves against any future aggression.  Additionally, the Federated Commonwealth and Draconis Combine agreed to a tenuous sort of peace along the Steiner-Kurita border.  The formation of a new state, the Free Rasalhague Republic, agreed to on both sides, provided a buffer to attacks going both directions.  No longer forced to worry about the potential of attacks through the fledgling nation, both nations became bolder for it.

Technological Renaissance

In 3039, less than ten years after the last major conflict, the Federated Commonwealth struck again, using technology rediscovered with the Helm Memory core.  New equipment appeared on the battlefields of the Inner Sphere for the first time in centuries.  Though there was little territorial gain on any side, the simple reclamation of technology once thought to be lost forever emboldened the House Lords.

The State of the Sphere

The year is now 3049.  There has been an uneasy peace for nearly a decade following the War of 3039.  New equipment continues to proliferate through the armies of the Successor States, though little has reached the hands of freelancers and mercenaries.  Gauss rifles, lighter engines, improved armor, improved heat sinks, and more dot the battlefield, making the life of a MechWarrior more dangerous - and also more rewarding.  The weak fail, and the strong reap the benefits.

Life is cheap.  BattleMechs aren't.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
I've heard a lot about this game on this forum and other places, but never played it or seen it played. It sounds really interesting, soo... sign me up! And I do have "Commander" in my name, so... CO?  :nervous:

:P
But seriously, put me wherever you want me!
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Sign me up! Preferably a mech pilot or a vehicle commander. Callsign Dire; don't want any confusion over the comns if we live long enough to run into Daishis.

I doubt our company will survive long enough to learn that they're really called Dire Wolves.

Plus you could always be Dire <insert other animal here>. :P

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Dire Weasels!

A Feddie Story

If we want rodents, Dire Rat for DireWolf.  Or for mass confusion on everyone's parts he could always be a former Drac who chose the callsign "Great Death". :P

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
So what is the go-to program(s) for nerds like me who have a sudden urge to design vehicles and BattleMechs anyways? HeavyMetal is hard to get now plus screw PayPal in the ear, and I can't get my old BattleMech Designer and The Drawing Board programs to install/work anymore. (Vehicle Factory Three seems to work...)

Old stuff that is old should be fine. It would be designing to Level 2/3050.

A Feddie Story

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I'm also gonna apply for a position here, because I just have to (Given what happened in the XCOM thread, I'm just gonna go ahead and apply for CO, but that's up to you of course). Callsign would be "Easy".
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Throw me into a mech, my HLP name is good for me :)

If we get to it I will happily pilot a medium
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Patriot

Applying for MechWarrior, Callsign: Patriot

Also, Solaris Skunkwerks is the better unit builder for MegaMek

http://www.solarisskunkwerks.com/

It actually has a working export function, just make sure to turn off canon units only when selecting units, or you'll not find your new mech/vehicle design.

Also, if at all possible i'd love to have me a hunchback, either a 4G or 4J :D

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I volunteer! Callsign: Polly.

If no one else has snagged it I request that XO position, too.