Author Topic: August 2013 Screencap Contest  (Read 15737 times)

Offline Lorric

Re: August 2013 Screencap Contest

you can check it out here if you want http://www.moddb.com/mods/homeworld-pilot-academy

if its not available yet or something well that's cause I just added it

Offline Lorric

you can check it out here if you want http://www.moddb.com/mods/homeworld-pilot-academy

if its not available yet or something well that's cause I just added it
Right. Looks like it might take a couple days or so to appear.

So here is the ultimate noob question. Im ashamed to ask it: how do i do screenshots?

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Press Print Screen, get tga file in Freespace2/screenshots. You can then convert the screenshot to png jpeg or whatev using something like GIMP or IrfanView or whatever.

Alternatively, use a third-party software like FRAPS. The trial version will shoot bmps that you can convert to whatever afterwards.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Lorric

So here is the ultimate noob question. Im ashamed to ask it: how do i do screenshots?

Me, I just press print scrn, hit ctrl+alt+delete, open up Paint, and paste the shot in there. Then if I like it, I send it to My Pictures.

Oh and Shift+O gets the HUD off the screen.

hm that doesnt work for me. this just do a screenshot of my desktop and not of the game. might that be because of two active displays?

Offline Lorric

hm that doesnt work for me. this just do a screenshot of my desktop and not of the game. might that be because of two active displays?

Oh, shift+print scrn. I forgot to say shift, is that the problem?

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!

Id recommend you just use Matth's method. Lorrics is a bit over complicated. If you need a program to open the TGAs, grab Irfanview. It's free and easy to use.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Lorric

Id recommend you just use Matth's method. Lorrics is a bit over complicated. If you need a program to open the TGAs, grab Irfanview. It's free and easy to use.
You know, I thought Matt's method was the complicated one... :)

However, I didn't know about the screenshots. I thought I'd have a folder full of tga screenshots, but I don't. Just two old ones I didn't know about which I deleted. My Saga shots aren't here or any of my shots I took of my WOD campaign. The seperate mods don't seem to have a screenshot file.

Offline Mpez

I have noticed there is no HTL of the Bravos. As a community; we must fix this, immediately.

Actually, I think the Bravos is broken in FSU. That, or something is wrong with my FSU setup.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!

However, I didn't know about the screenshots. I thought I'd have a folder full of tga screenshots, but I don't. Just two old ones I didn't know about which I deleted. My Saga shots aren't here or any of my shots I took of my WOD campaign. The seperate mods don't seem to have a screenshot file.

All your screens, regardless of mods, end up in the same folder - go to your root FS2 folder and look for the Screenshots folder. AFAIK, there's no way to turn it off, so it's almost inconceivable that it wouldn't be working for you.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Lorric

All your screens, regardless of mods, end up in the same folder - go to your root FS2 folder and look for the Screenshots folder. AFAIK, there's no way to turn it off, so it's almost inconceivable that it wouldn't be working for you.
That's where I went :)

Just had two shots of a FS2 nebula mission which I deleted.

i do not hate a screenshot folder in my fs2 root!?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I have noticed there is no HTL of the Bravos. As a community; we must fix this, immediately.
Actually, I think the Bravos is broken in FSU. That, or something is wrong with my FSU setup.

I've noticed that issue as well in JAD, so it's not just you :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Missing texture most likely.
Or at least it's missing in the right folder.

I don't have FS SCP on my laptop so I can't check.
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline Arpit

Missing texture most likely.
Or at least it's missing in the right folder.

I don't have FS SCP on my laptop so I can't check.

This bug is already reported. (FSU: A step always ahead)

The MV_Assets.3612 VP gives the problem.

As for the screencap contest, a lot of people have partcipated (considering the previous months). Good work.  :nod:

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Meh. Does this count?

To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
That must be the GVC Wearesoscrewed

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
That must be the GVC Wearesoscrewed

It's asleep. Lights are off.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story