Author Topic: Freespace in Real Life  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Freespace in Real Life
I must say that this guy has the best Freespace name ever!  ;)
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: Freespace in Real Life
Seems like a typo, he's not refered as
Spoiler:
"vasudan"
on the body of the article.
The guy making the htmls must have played fs for sure to make such a mistake :lol:
el hombre vicio...

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Vasudan is a real Indian name... There is no Real Life FS here. YOU FILTHY LIARS! :( :(

Edit: It's actually Vasuda. And it means earth. And the article seems to have a mistake since the rest of it refers to the man as: Vasudevan.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 11:02:35 am by An4ximandros »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Maybe Vasuda is a short form of Vasudevan, like Tom for Thomas.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
"Vasuda", at any rate, is an Indian woman's name.  My (Indian) wife was unsurprised at hearing the name, and knew what it meant without being prompted.  Many of the Indians I know shorten their names somewhat, which is probably the case here.

I suppose we can assume that the GTA used Indian code names for alien species, and that is how we ended up with "Vasudan" and "Shivan".
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Drogoth

"Vasuda", at any rate, is an Indian woman's name.  My (Indian) wife was unsurprised at hearing the name, and knew what it meant without being prompted.  Many of the Indians I know shorten their names somewhat, which is probably the case here.

I suppose we can assume that the GTA used Indian code names for alien species, and that is how we ended up with "Vasudan" and "Shivan".

I feel like it probably has more to do with Vasudan meaning earth (if the above comment is indeed, correct) then simple convention.

After all, Vasudan wings were code named for the Zodiac, where as Shivan wings were codenamed with other Hindu terminology. Why the swap?
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Cause rule of cool.
el hombre vicio...