Author Topic: Recommend unto me some mice  (Read 5646 times)

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Recommend unto me some mice
For mine is starting to double-click on its own!

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Recommend unto me some mice
I'm using a cheap Saitek mouse that, unlike others, has soldiered on for 5 years now.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Online Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm about to get a Logitech G500 on the recommendations of several people around here.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I'm using a Logitech G500. Quite pricey, but really fits my hand well and has a lot of buttons, as well as a weight system that allows you to tailor it's mass (and, to some extent, it's mass distribution) to your liking. On-the-fly resolution changing is also a really handy feature, especially if you like sniping. Oh, and I love it's quick-scrolling wheel, great for rolling through long documents and especially FS table files. :) The downside is, like with all Logitech mice I had, the cable tends to wear out after a while at the point where it enters the mouse, and due to it's construction, repairing it is a chore. It doesn't happen too often though, and from what I know, most mice have the same problem. I'd definitely recommend it.

I'm using some old NHS contractor-grade mouse from Dell. Best mouse I've ever used.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Logitech G5 or modern equivalent (G500?).  Best $60 on computer-related peripherals I've ever spent.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i use a basic-ish microsoft wireless mouse (it says intellimouse explorer 2.0 on the bottom), gripes about lag be damned.  i've never noticed a bit of it.  the shape and weight are perfect, the only thing i wish it had was higher sensitivity with one of those toggle switches.  and built-in rechargeable batteries with a dock or something, though i only have to give it fresh batteries about every 6 months.  but hey, it's like 11 years old.  first mouse i ever had, it's been through every computer i've built.  pretty damn good considering.  oh, the side scroll doesn't work worth a damn, so they could just go ahead and get rid of that.
I like to stare at the sun.

This little beauty is pretty charming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPJ6DBYcFbE

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I suppose I deserve that.  :ick:

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Get a Logitech G500. It has a sensor that is closest to 1:1 ratio out of all the mice currently on the market. Plus, no unadvertised mouse acceleration!
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
im currently using a mouse that i resurrected from the dead. its some kind of wireless logitech laser mouse. its been in my junk box for years. its battery was shot and its buttons didnt work. after some surgery where i installed a new (well not really) lipoly battery and some new switches and its working as good as it ever did. turns out mice are really easy to fix. i dont think il need to buy new ones ever.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Online Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I do have to say, my ****ty basic generic Dell optical mouse has been trucking for who knows how long now.  The left button went through a double-clicking phase, but that magically, stopped, and now the middle and right buttons are doing it.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I do have to say, my ****ty basic generic Dell optical mouse has been trucking for who knows how long now.  The left button went through a double-clicking phase, but that magically, stopped, and now the middle and right buttons are doing it.

Oh my gosh nooouu. Make it stop!
el hombre vicio...

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
My old microsoft mouse that I'm reasonably sure is older than my computer, and I've rubbed the paint off where I leave my fingertips, and it's not even wireless though it is lazor, has basically been all I ever required.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Strangely enough, my G500 did the same. It did have double-click problems (is there a way to set a lower limit for the double-click?) on the LMB and still does that on occasionally, but it pretty much stopped. Also, sometimes it doesn't recognize holding down the LMB, but this issue is also rare.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me

Oh my gosh nooouu. Make it stop!
sometimes, on some mice, you can desolder the middle button, and the left button, and swap them (assuming they are the same type, sometimes they are not). the unused center button is likely to be in better condition than the excessively used left button, and this is why it works.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I like my RAT 7 a lot, but the styling isn't for everyone.

I prefer Razor mice....

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam

You mouse with that thing?

You're braver than I thought.
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?

You mouse with that thing?

You're braver than I thought.

Heh, it's comfortable, sturdy, and visually exciting. The customizability is neat, though I have yet to find a use for the thumb wheel.