Author Topic: Recommend unto me some mice  (Read 5654 times)

Offline Lorric

Re: Recommend unto me some mice
I like my RAT 7 a lot, but the styling isn't for everyone.

Whoa... just look at that thing. I've never seen anything like it!

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Oh that's cool, I've never seen that palm plate design before.

The mouse has three adjustable sensitivity modes, three "gameplay modes" (so I think theoretically you could have 9 sensitivity modes with 3 button configurations), thumb wheel, scroll wheel, a "sniper" button (the red button on the left near your thumb) that reduces your sensitivity to a very small amount - I never use it, as it's kind of awkward to be holding left click and my thumb and press fire all at the same time - so I just stick to the sensitivity mode switch.

It's also got two thumb buttons and adjustable weighting, along with roughly 50% of the mouse (pinky rest, thumb rest, palm rest) being repositionable/interchangeable.

I like it a lot, it's a bit over the top but not as much so as their other products (just look at their Scorpion keyboard), and it's a good quality mouse that feels very solid (the palm rest is a bit wobbly when it's fully extended but it's no big deal). I would recommend it. :)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
can be used as a weapon if needed.

but really i prefer wireless mice. i dont like corded mice. first off the wire is always the source of fail (it will stop working before any other part of the mouse), second of all, it has a wire. considering the low data rate there is no theoretical reason why wired should be better than wireless or vise versa.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I think it's more reliable if your computer doesn't get a lot of downtime. You have to charge the mouse sometimes, and can see myself forgetting about it, not to mention I'm using my computer a lot, for a long time. I could only charge it when I go to sleep, and I tend to forget things at that time.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i keep a backup which is also wireless. while one charges, i use the other. sometimes i forget or the mouse doesn't charge right, but that is rare. i also thought about doing an inductive charging hack. where i stick a coil in the mouse and in the mousepad. theoretically the mouse could run without a battery, just a super capacitor as a buffer and feed power from the induction coil. im sure they sell one but id rather hack it.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 04:17:07 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Now that's a novel solution. I really should learn to tinker with this stuff myself. :)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I use a combination of Logitech M570 and G400. G400s is a successor to G400. Both of the G400's are optical mice, which I have found to be much better than any laser mice I have tried. Of course that is just my opinion and is subjective. M570 is great all-around workhorse and I even use it for some games. Best of all, using the M570 saves me from wrist pains which I would otherwise have from using regular mouse for everything.

To achieve best comfort I have enabled enhance pointer precision and maxed cursor speed in control panel. DPI and refresh rate have been maxed out in Logitech Gaming Software.

Used to have G500 and one of those Razer mice before ditching them for G400. They were nowhere near as comfortable to use as G400 is. Optical is still the best.

Offline Lorric

To achieve best comfort I have enabled enhance pointer precision and maxed cursor speed in control panel.
I am extremely glad you said that. I checked it out, and my mouse was only in the middle. I boosted it's speed to the max and also dramatically increased the scroll speed of the mouse wheel. I think this will spare me considerable pain.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
The less you have to move your hand/wrist the better is my motto when it comes to mice. Which is why I have made it a point to always adapt to maxed out mouse sensitivity. I do draw the line in not normally increasing mouse sensitivity in games though. Not to mention M570 considerably reduces strain on wrist. I can't recommend it enough as your primary or even secondary mouse.

Offline Lorric

The less you have to move your hand/wrist the better is my motto when it comes to mice. Which is why I have made it a point to always adapt to maxed out mouse sensitivity. I do draw the line in not normally increasing mouse sensitivity in games though. Not to mention M570 considerably reduces strain on wrist. I can't recommend it enough as your primary or even secondary mouse.
That mouse looks strange. I've only ever used regular mice. You move the ball with your thumb, right? I think that would take some getting used to. How do you hold it? I favour the claw grip.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Yes, you use your thumb to move mouse cursor. Positioning your palm correctly is important, though you don't move the device itself at all. The ball should be touching your thumb approximately midway between tip of your thumb and joint. Trying to control the ball with tip of your thumb results in jerky and inaccurate movements, at least in my case. So really, proper "grip" depends on size of your hand.

It took me roughly a week to get used to the M570 and another few weeks to get good at using it. But it was really worth it. I also use M570 at work and at this point I don't think I could ever go back to using regular mice for anything but playing games. A role where G400 shines at.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken