Author Topic: Need help reloaded computer  (Read 1037 times)

Need help reloaded computer
I had a minor problem of somebody placing a Trojan on my computer and was able to run programs without my authorization, so I did a complete wipe to dod specs, even the boot sector ( that was the fun part too), so I reload Vista, and now the only Freespace that will run is the FS2 I bought from GOG some years ago, none of the mods from here work anymore, do I need to re download them or do a complete reinstall of Freespace?

Oh and the only reason I was gone so long this time is I was overseas again making some MAJOR money as a civilian this time, contrary to what some places on the internet said about me I DID NOT die of old age just yet :)
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Re: Need help reloaded computer
You shouldn't need to re-download the mods, as long as the launcher works. You might want to re-download it and FS2_Open (update to the latest RC if you haven't already), just to be sure.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Thanks guys, I'll download the latest launcher and if it happens again I'll copy get that log that comes up.

I almost lot this thread too.....been so long I forgot to click the notify

Thank you both gentlemen
Dragon, and THE E, I download the new launcher and media vp's and FS2 now works again, and Derelict takes up right where I left off at :), maybe now I can kill that ship before it jumps LOL.