Author Topic: PCS2 under Wine  (Read 5674 times)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Regarding SDL & the boost libs, I suspect that Ubuntu 13.04 has some differences to 12.04.  I know that 12.04 had 1.48 boost libs available as well as 1.46, so maybe 13.04 only has 1.48?  Anyway, for my own interest I might see if I can get it working on a 13.04 VM at some point.  Or maybe even produce some packages for it :)

Oh, and on the textures, I didn't have them on any model I imported either.  I assumed that was because I only extracted the .pof from the VPs. I'll have to see if I can get the textures working as well...
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Oh, and on the textures, I didn't have them on any model I imported either.  I assumed that was because I only extracted the .pof from the VPs. I'll have to see if I can get the textures working as well...
That's most likely because of case sensitivity: PCS2 handles textures case-sensitive if the OS filesystem is case-sensitive (i.e. on Linux, but not on Windows). And only for unpacked textures IIRC, not for VP-packed textures.

FSO handles them case-insensitive on all systems, so this could be seen as a bug in PCS2 (which, I think, should reproduce FSO's behaviour in this matter). I reported it here, but so far it hasn't been fixed, apparently.