I'm not an expert with reading debug logs or FS2 Open graphics in general, but some thoughts:
- I take it that you have Windows configured in the Control Panel to use 32-bit color?
- Get the Diaspora 1.0.4 patch
. Unlikely to help, but couldn't hurt.
- Does the "display too big" problem occur when you're in a mission, not just when you're looking at the in-game menus? I figure the answer is "yes" but it never hurts to double-check.
- Do you have a multi-monitor setup? If so, make sure to set the primary monitor (the one where the taskbar/start button appear) to the one you want to use for playing. You may even want to consider unplugging the other monitors for the purposes for playing, just to make sure that's not causing the problem.
- The debug log's checksum for your Diaspora movies.vp file doesn't match mine (0x10d8b681). I wonder if your download is corrupt. Try getting MD5 and SHA1 checksums of your Diaspora installer .exe and compare them to the official checksums in the first post of the release thread
. I'm not too familiar with Windows utilities, but there's one from Microsoft
that's command line only, if you're comfortable with the command line. I know it works on Windows 7 because I just tested it. Use the -both
command line option with fciv.exe to get both MD5 and SHA1 checksums. Also make sure that the size of your installer file matches the size listed in the release thread with the checksums. Then again, if the issue occurs with FS2 retail as well, file corruption probably isn't the cause.
- If none of those help, maybe try unchecking all of the flags in the launcher's advanced settings page to make sure that none of those are causing the problem. You may need to change the selected option in the lighting presets box from "Diaspora recommended" to "Presets off".
Hope this helps.