Author Topic: 360 controller settings  (Read 25214 times)

Re: 360 controller settings
nvm I'm stupid
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 08:00:55 pm by Bojamijams »

Can't get this to work.

I bought Pinnacle Game Profiler and the Freespace 2 profile doesn't work either.

Main weapons button doesn't work nor does the throttle.

With GlovePie and the script above,my gamepad turned into a functional mouse but nothing more.
The analog sticks didn't work at all ingame.

I deleted everything button based in the control config and made sure joystick wasn't selected in the Diaspora launcher.

Have had this game on the hd for years  but never got round to playing it because of the gamepad issues.

Anyone who can give me a tutorial on how to set up the gamepad properly with Diaspora,I'd be grateful.

Freespace wasn't the most intuitive game in the World when it comes to controls anyway with so many bindings involved.

Need twenty finger hands!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:23:13 am by JellybeanTiger »

Offline RedHed

I still have not got around to trying mine.  So I hope I don't suffer the same issues.  I'll look to installing the game soon and testing the glovepie script.

A couple of questions.

• I am running Windows 7 x64 Pro. Whenever I try to run GlovePie I get an error message:

"The program can't start because d3dx9_33.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

How do I fix this error?
  • Why is it a good idea to use GlovePie and the script in the OP? Why not just configure the controller from within the game? Are there benefits?
  • Note that I am playing Wing Commander Saga, not Freespace 2 or Diaspora.

Thanks!

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

That worked, thanks.