Author Topic: Descent 1 & 2 file viewer  (Read 944 times)

Offline Nebfer

Descent 1 & 2 file viewer
Got a bit nostalgic and wanted to mess around with the Descent 1 & 2 sound files, but discovered that none of the programs I would of used (I.e. DTX) work anymore. So is their any program out their that I can use to view and or extract them?

I know freespaces editors should be able to but the ones I have seem to not currently support them...

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
Re: Descent 1 & 2 file viewer
why not ask at a Descent forum? :rolleyes:
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
if you use d2xxl you can just use tgas and objs, and stick files in folders instead of hxms/vhams.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Enzo03

I'm a Descenter.  Unfortunately, there's not really any other choices I know of.
You can use DTX/DTX2 in a virtual machine if that's your fancy.
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i never really had much success with descent 2 modding. i did make some robots and maps but those were lost in an ancient computer crash sometime in the late 90s. i tried picking up old habbits with d2xxl, but decided that it was too unstable to use as a basis for modding. i have an archive of old descent modding tools if you have trouble finding them out on the net.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN